Author Topic: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE  (Read 19614 times)

Offline niko

Re: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
Wow great info about Sportsmans Outdoors.

I bought 5 boxes also.  My fedex tracking info came across in engrish :D.  

Maybe it was a setting or something.

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
Well I phoned the wife and she'll stop by Mainland China on her way home.  

But one thing I find interesting: why is it the really big places like Midway and Cabela's and Cheaper Than Dirt couldn't get Silvertips for over a year (and still can't get them) - yet this place can ship multiple boxes to you tomorrow?  And for a price that's several bucks lower than the big guys?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:11:41 PM by DaninVA »
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline niko

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:57 PM »
Good question,  maybe this place has lower overhead or something.

Anyways I gave them a call and was told they have several boxes left, I think I will be picking up a few more boxes.

Thanks again for the heads up about this place.  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »
And here I passed up Mandarin Chinese for German in college.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 05:42:23 PM »
Good question,  maybe this place has lower overhead or something.

Anyways I gave them a call and was told they have several boxes left, I think I will be picking up a few more boxes.

Thanks again for the heads up about this place.  

niko.  Welcome to the Forum.  Enjoy this place and the Silvertips!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline niko

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »
Thank you.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »
Just called Sportsman Outdoor -- I was told that they were in stock.

Thanks for checking.  If you click on .380 Silvertips, it says check or email for availability; then click on 9mm Silvertips, it will let you place the order.  So, all is well.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 07:30:57 PM »
   Niko, welcome to the best gun forum on the internet!! Here you'll find the best pistols made, and the best people anywhere. Enjoy the forum, and Post often.   Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 08:40:59 PM »
A funny thing happeded while ordering some Winchester .32 Silvertips 60 gr. today on Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore.   After ordering I decided to go back and see if they would still let an order be placed.  The Winchester .32 Silvertips was not there.  Not even the check for availability.  I checked my account and the order had been placed.  

I could have bought all they had, maybe, but looks like the check for availability mode would have still been there.  I was surprised to see they had the .32's.  They still have 9mm's, for now.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 10:53:44 PM »
KJ, good catch on finding the .32 STs. Couple of days ago when I first heard about the 9MMs I accessed the site and bought the 9MMs, then went looking for .32s and .380s like I always do. No luck on either one. You must have really hit those .32s just right! Way to go!!    Gene
birdman

Offline cordy

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
I got 2 box of 50 of 9mm Silvertip from   www.rrarms.com for $81.23 shipped.  Is that a good price?
Jimbo

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
That was the weirdest thing.  One minute I'm looking at them, put the order in, checked to make sure it was in and it (the order) was, then went back to see where you put the order in, and the place was gone.  No site for the .32 Silvertips.  My order is still in.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 11:08:01 PM »
I got 2 box of 50 of 9mm Silvertip from   www.rrarms.com for $81.23 shipped.  Is that a good price?

That is now a little high since you can get them at Sportsmans
Outdoor Superstore for $29.95 a box plus shipping.  They still have some if you need more.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 02:12:05 AM »
    DaninVa, the problem with Chinese Silvertips is that when you shoot a BG then 15 minutes later you have to shoot him again. ;D ;D ;D        Gene
birdman

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 11:24:23 AM »
I tried some Chinese ammunition a while back, and when I pulled the trigger a flag that said "BANG" came out of the barrel.  True story.  
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale