Author Topic: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE  (Read 19623 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »
  I have a Japanese camera that when you push the shutter it goes "crik". ;D Sorry, old joke, but then so am I.    Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 02:05:46 PM »
Hey, Gene.  That's not Chinese!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 03:09:37 PM »
Silvertips have arrived via FedEx, from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore.  Made in the USA.  So it appears Winchester is back in the Silvertips business.  With prices dropping, and availablility increasing for many calibers and loads, I have to wonder if we're actually seeing the end of the Obama Stock Up Campaign.  Will we actually see shelves fully stocked as in the "old days"?    
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 04:32:51 PM »
I think it will take awhile.  Lots of backorders out there.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 04:45:44 PM »
Silvertips are are still on the scarce or non existent list in many calibers,
and are only available at a few places. I don't think were out of the woods yet. 380s are still pretty hard to come by in any brand.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »
Cabela's has stopped giving an ETA on Silvertips, .380 and 9mm.  Sportsman's Guide has moved their ETA on .380's & 9mm to 7/15/10.  It seems as if Winchester has not started production on Silvertip .380's as they're not showing up anywhere.

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
Went to a gun show today and no Silvertips available.  However there were PLENTY of Gold Dots at many, many tables.  And a lot of other 9mm.  Didn't see much 380...

But lots of Gold Dot in 9mm.

I also noticed prices had been changed on many signs next to the ammo - lowered prices in all cases.  $30 for a box of 50 Gold Dots if I remember.

Offline deercop

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 05:48:19 PM »
deercop.  Says out of stock at Bud's.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
    I read the availability e-mail from Bud's just a few minutes after it was received. I immediately accessed Bud's web site and they were already sold out. Couldn't have been more than five minutes after I received the notification. So what the Hell is going on? If they actually had any at one time, then they must have been sold out when they sent the notification. I think I'll take Bud's off my approved list.    Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »
Bud's must have received a small shipment.  

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »
Buds does a LOT of business.  When you received notification - so did perhaps 1000 other people waiting for Silvertips.  Right now, at 8PM there are over 900 people logged-on and shopping at Buds.  I've seen as many as 10,000 people logged-on during the day.

When I received notification about the S&W R8 becoming available I jumped on it in 2 minutes.  I've received notification of other guns, not acted, and 5 minutes later they're no longer available.

It's possible 200 or 300 people all ordered Silvertips within a 5 minute period, and then - That's All Folks.

I've only bought one gun at Buds, and nothing else, so this is only my opinion.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 11:01:10 PM »
Dan,
   Your right on the money, I have made a few gun purchases and some other supplies from Bud's and they are a booming business, other gun sellers hate them because there gun prices are so low.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline deercop

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2010, 05:13:08 AM »
deercop.  Says out of stock at Bud's.

They were "in stock" at the time I placed that post.  I guess they sold out quickly.  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2010, 06:44:38 AM »
I didn't know that Bud's had such a large customer base.  Just never looked at the customer count.