Author Topic: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE  (Read 19690 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »
Winchester 9mm Silvertips now available at Cabela's, but price is $37.99.  My backorder of 13+ months ago has now shipped.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:17:23 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010, 02:04:56 PM »

My order from Cabela's of 5 months is also in the shipping process. It sounds like they are working through the back orders.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2010, 02:12:55 PM »
kj,
   Glad someone got good news on the Silvertips, this reinforces my post about a gun that only functions well on one or two types of ammo.
 Here is my e-mail from Cabela's this morning.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent order.  We are very sorry to inform you that we are
unable to immediately fill your entire order and the merchandise listed below
has been placed on backorder.

21-6654   WINCHESTER SUPER-X SILVERTIP HANDGUN AMMO 380AUTO 85GR STHP/50
 Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 05/15/10

If you wish for the item(s) to remain on backorder, you do not need to contact
us.  Should you prefer not to wait, please contact our toll-free order desk at
1-800-237-4444 to cancel the backorder.  For credit card orders, charges are not
made until the item(s) are shipped.

We will do everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cabela's Inc. - Customer Relations

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2010, 02:36:28 PM »
John.  I really don't think Winchester is even producing .380 Silvertips yet.  Can't find them anywhere.  Good that I've got the box from CCW.  I've got a call in for Winchester's customer service today, and they're checking on that answer.  They're going to call back.  

I do understand those not liking a gun that only shoots a couple different brands of ammo, but if I like the gun, it doesn't bother me.  These are trying times, and hopefully, the ammo shortage will be over soon.

Just got the call from Winchester.  They will start producing .380 Silvertips the first week of June.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:16:05 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
    OK Bud's, come home. All is forgiven. I still love you.   Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »
Gene.  You been in the Bushmills 21?    ;D  

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »
   Nah, just realized that I was a little harsh with Bud's.       Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »
OK.  Just went back and read your post again.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2010, 10:37:14 PM »

Sounds like Bud's just kind of lost control in cyberspace; nothing personal.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2010, 07:42:28 AM »
Bud's now has Winchester 9mm Silvertips back in stock, but at $38.00 a box.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/65254
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:23:04 AM by kjtrains »

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
Maybe, just maybe if this ammunition shortage wanes and stores start building an inventory and the shelves are stocked we will see more reasonable prices also.
The one rumor that I find refreshing is the ammunition companies are working around the clock and seven days a week, but they have no plans to spend huge amounts of money to build additions to their facilities and invest millions more on new equipment.
If this is actual fact, they are very wise. If these manufacturers did invest millions, and then the collapse came where there was no longer a need for huge quantities of ammunition, their income reduced and maybe then there would be a totally negative outcome, they'd close down.We'd be without ammo again.

Me, I just can not believe ammunition is selling more than production.Did we have a perfect balance before all this shortage started? I never had an issue going to any gun shop and buying any ammunition I needed.

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2010, 08:13:44 AM »
It's all about supply and demand.  When suppy overcomes demand, then prices should go down.  I'm still amazed that Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore has the 9mm Silvertips for $29.95 a box.

Offline niko

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 01:32:03 PM »
Just checked back and Sportsmans still has several boxes of 9MM Silvertips available.  

Also asked about 380 AUTO 85GR STHP/50  and they have some on order with Winchester.  Was not able to get a price from them though.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »
I have a call in to Winchester now, and should get a return call soon, for an answer in the availability of the Winchester .380 Silvertips.

OK.  Just got the word on Winchester .380 Silvertip production.  Will start producing the first of next week and again in July.  Doesn't sound like long runs.  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:12:30 PM by kjtrains »