Author Topic: New guy looking for something unique to carry  (Read 10949 times)

Offline cadillacguy76

Re: New guy looking for something unique to carry
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2010, 07:18:48 PM »
Phsimone I look forward to doing business with you.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
Sounds like an Elite may have found a new home!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »

These "discontinued" models certainly have jazzed the R9 interest level and kept the forum lively over the years. Think how boring it would be if they were all early, medium, and late Famingdales with blue CF grips. Keep 'em comin', Karl; it makes the world turn. Some one is either lucky or good as a marketing genius.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »
But I do like those early Farmingdales with the no "R" prefix, and the blue grips, though.  Just something about that  no "R"  and being able to find one.  Now it's going to be the same way with the Elites and the Robars.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline cadillacguy76

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »
Yes, Hopefully an Elite will have a new home here soon.   :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
Phsimone I look forward to doing business with you.

You're sure to have a winner, and a great person to deal with.  Excellent.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 08:04:14 AM »
Yes, Hopefully an Elite will have a new home here soon.   :)

Seems like the Stealth Elite should be arriving any day now.    :)

Offline cadillacguy76

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 05:32:42 PM »
Funds were sent just waiting to hear from phsimone that he has received them.  I hope I can get it by Friday!!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »
Congrats, Cadillacguy, on the Stealth Elite.  You'll be proud, for sure!

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
Its on its way, I already have sellers remorse, gonna break open a large bottle of grey goose, and a thimble of vermouth for dinner. By the way has there been a change in the shipping rules or the federal code to be exact. I am being told I can no longer ship direct? I have to ship through an FFL, that is going to hold up shipment at least a day and add god only knows what to the cost.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
Here is some info on this subject. FFL fees should not be a big issue; as a buyer I have paid from $15 to $50. As far as I know the seller does not normally pay the FFL but anything is negotiable.

http://www.handgunforum.net/new-handguns-area/25811-ffl-requirements-shipping-firearms.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:13:48 PM by tracker »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »
As a seller you can ship it yourself if the receiving FFL will accept guns from private owners. You can only ship UPS or Fed-Ex overnight. (there rules not a law)
Doing it that way you don't pay a transfer fee to your FFL.
If you want to go through an FFL you can print a USPS Priority Flat Rate label and give it to your FFL and they can ship USPS by filling out a form at the PO. I have shipped several guns this way.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »

The number of FFLs has decreased substantially over the past few years and it is becoming increasingly more difficult to renew a license. Many are being extended pending review; another method of control by the Feds to restrict and limit the sale of firearms: The fewer FFLs, the fewer sales.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:18:28 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 08:45:10 PM »
Its on its way, I already have sellers remorse, gonna break open a large bottle of grey goose, and a thimble of vermouth for dinner. By the way has there been a change in the shipping rules or the federal code to be exact. I am being told I can no longer ship direct? I have to ship through an FFL, that is going to hold up shipment at least a day and add god only knows what to the cost.

Congrats on the sale, Phil; I know you'll find something to take care of that seller's remorse.  Tracker and John have some excellent answers for you on how to ship.  Wishing you the best in your next find.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »
The number of FFLs has decreased substantially over the past few years and it is becoming increasingly more difficult to renew a license. Many are being extended pending review; another method of control by the Feds to restrict and limit the sale of firearms: The fewer FFLs, the fewer sales.

I have met many people who will only buy from a private owner in state, no govt. paperwork involved.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson