Author Topic: New guy looking for something unique to carry  (Read 11034 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New guy looking for something unique to carry
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »

I have met many people who will only buy from a private owner in state, no govt. paperwork involved.

John

That certainly is the easiest way to do it.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »

That works very well for a buyer but as a seller you aren't covered on the gun's ultimate destination, e.g., many guns sold that way in Texas find their way to Mexico. I have noticed some stalkers at gun shows here who were looking for a cash transaction with no paperwork, no name, no nothing.

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »
That works very well for a buyer but as a seller you aren't covered on the gun's ultimate destination, e.g., many guns sold that way in Texas find their way to Mexico. I have noticed some stalkers at gun shows here who were looking for a cash transaction with no paperwork, no name, no nothing.

I live in Texas and I ocassionally buy or sell a used gun.  I keep paperwork and know where every gun came from and where it went.  

The last thing in the world I want is to end up in posession of a gun that was used in a crime sometime in the past and not be able to prove when and where I bought it... :o
**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 09:23:08 PM »
I have sold guns both face to face in florida, getting a copy of drivers licensen and concealed carry licenses CCL no gun, just my thing. I have shipped to an FFL as a private citizen using UPS. I have now shipped to New York for the first time and according to the buyer and his FFL I must ship from an FFL. This of course added several dollars to the cost of the transaction, which I ate, but I was in a shop the other day and some folks may be interpeting the law to say that you must ship from an FFL. Maybe a new revenue stream for shops who are having economy issues, I don't know. I have read the latest copy of the Feds rules and I see no change.
I am surprised I have not heard from the Cadillac gentleman. Tracking shows the Elite being delivered at 2:30. Oh well

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »
Boy I need to proof read before I post. No CCL No Gun etc.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »
The Cadillac is probably too busy admiring his new Elite!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
I worry until I hear from a satisfied buyer, client whatever. I am just that way.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »
Or maybe your right, he is just fondling it.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 09:50:21 PM »
Ken, If you are there. the difference between a farmingdale with an R and one without is just rarity, and the difference between a Farmingdale and a Deer Park is what besides Deer Park is 10 miles east of Farmingdale. I am still torn between R221 and going ahead and buying a R9 and sending it off to Mr. Cogan and Robar

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 09:55:03 PM »
Phil.  I know.  It's a tough decision!

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »
So what is with the Farmindales, rarity, CF grips, the color of the frame. Is all the engineering the same? To R or not to R just rarity once again?

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »
Ken, If you are there. the difference between a farmingdale with an R and one without is just rarity, and the difference between a Farmingdale and a Deer Park is what besides Deer Park is 10 miles east of Farmingdale. I am still torn between R221 and going ahead and buying a R9 and sending it off to Mr. Cogan and Robar

The pre R guns had a little less "meat" around the retainer pin.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:21:56 PM by ccoorreeyy »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »
So what is with the Farmindales, rarity, CF grips, the color of the frame. Is all the engineering the same? To R or not to R just rarity once again?

Yes, yes and yes!  ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »
The Farmingdales are the first R9's made and so, yes, rarity is what Farmingdale's are; the no "R" being the rarest with only 50 made then came the "R".

Offline cadillacguy76

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 11:47:58 PM »
Phil, Yes I did pick up the Elite today.  It is all I was hoping for and more.  I actually didn't pick it up till 5pm and then came home to a house full of in-laws, so sorry for the delay in posting.  I love the piece and will enjoy carrying it.  Thanks for all your help and patience dealing with NY state laws.  Just an FYI, it is NY state law that a gun must be sent from a FFL and received by a FFL with no exception.  I checked at 4 different shops and the answer was the same.  I guess it is a matter of preventing a piece from being sold that has been stolen or is unregistered.  They also changed the rule here in my county, you can not obtain a coupon to pick up a gun until it has already been added to your permit.  This pretty much is going to lead to the death of gun shows in my county.  I heard it was a direct result of the NY state police pressuring my county into changing the rules because for up to 3 days you could have had a gun that is not registered on a permit and commit a crime.  Anyways thanks again!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:50:51 PM by cadillacguy76 »