Author Topic: New guy looking for something unique to carry  (Read 11036 times)

Offline cadillacguy76

Re: New guy looking for something unique to carry
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2010, 11:53:59 PM »
I just wanted to add, this is the nicest piece I have seen.  Its a shame they stopped making it.  I have no second thoughts this was the piece for me.  Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas Phil :)))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 12:02:06 AM by cadillacguy76 »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »
 cadillac, sounds like you got a great Christmas gift, Congratulations.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »
I just wanted to add, this is the nicest piece I have seen.  Its a shame they stopped making it.  I have no second thoughts this was the piece for me.  Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas Phil :)))

Cadillac.  Congrats again, on the Elite.  Glad you now have it in your possession.  Now, enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
Your welcom Jason. It is a beautiful piece. And it was just sitting in my safe, because frankly its not a gun that I personally would carry. But enjoy. I am glad you received it as quickly as you did with the third part involvement.
Phil

Offline cadillacguy76

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »
Phil I noticed that you mentioned that you "ate" the added cost??  I did give you $150 more to cover these costs didn't I ????  Anyway I do love this piece and I hope you are good with everything!!!

Offline cadillacguy76

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your praise!!!  I am very happy with this piece and will carry it with pride.  They did make this piece to carry didn't they??? HAHAHA Just kidding, but I will be using it as my primary carry.  If anyone has a Robar they might want to part with please send me a PM, I would love to have one to alternate with!!! Thanks again to everyone for your encouragement!!!!!

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2010, 04:16:15 PM »
Jason, Just to clarify, I paid twice what I usually pay to ship, in fact a little more through the "required FFL" from my end for some reason plus another......well never mind not for this forum. Should have IMd. I am glad you are happy with the piece. If I had it to do it again, I would have kept it. I will certainly not be shipping to NY again. To bad as I am a native New Yorker, but that was thirty years ago.
Best Regards, Phil

Offline cadillacguy76

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2010, 11:50:30 PM »
Phil I am sorry the rules here in NY are as they are.  I 100% agree with you they are BS.  FFL to FFL is here to stay in NY and I have since talked to some friends who are indeed indicating that some will not ship to NY much like with CA.  Thank you DEMOCRATS!!!!!  Another reason to leave NY!!!  Phil between you and me, I will die with this piece :))  so I don't doubt your second thoughts.  You never once hesitated and I admire you for that, thanks again for your patience and integrity!!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:53:32 PM by cadillacguy76 »

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2010, 08:27:40 AM »
Thank you Jason, I appreciate that.
Phil

Offline rodell

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2010, 12:10:26 AM »
 Just an FYI, it is NY state law that a gun must be sent from a FFL and received by a FFL with no exception.

Maybe in the county, but, not the state.  I just shipped, as an individual, to a FFL in Monroe County (Rochester) without incident.  All they wanted was a copy of my WA driver's license.

I lived in NY for many years - the rules do vary by county.  I was one of the lucky ones (Cortland and Onondaga Counties).

Only one gun from enough ...

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »
I think what you have is some FFLs are making up rules as they go along in order to feather their own nest so to speak. There may be some actual "laws" regarding this subject, operative word may but I think its the law of greed we are dealing with. I like to see laws that are codified and written as a Statute, Ordinance, or rule, I can find no such thing that tells me that I cannot ship a handgun to an FFL as a private citizen, I also cannot find anything that tells me an FFL, weather working out of a storefront or home cannot sell me a handgun directly without another FFL in the middle as long as they make the call and check my background, fill out the appropriate form, then have me wait the waiting period or I can show my Concealed Carry License to forgo the waiting period. I just bought a new pistol and what the FFL is charging me for the transaction on my end is outrageous. I will never do business with him again. In fact I will not walk in his store again.
Phil

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2010, 03:02:42 PM »
OK, Phil.  What did you get?  Waiting in suspense here!    :D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
What do you think? Another R9, brand new but came with a pair of John's curved extensions on 2 grips. This one is destined to some limited customization and I am probably going to send it off to Robar for some np3-plus, and then from some VZ grips. He has some very nice products, he is going to be showing some Fiber Carbons at the shot show for the Rohrbaugh.
Phil

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
Excellent.  Sounds like you have it all planned out.    :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »
What do you think? Another R9, brand new but came with a pair of John's curved extensions on 2 grips. This one is destined to some limited customization and I am probably going to send it off to Robar for some np3-plus, and then from some VZ grips. He has some very nice products, he is going to be showing some Fiber Carbons at the shot show for the Rohrbaugh.
Phil

Phil,
   I guess you made Frank and yourself happy going into the New Year. Congratulations.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson