Author Topic: Karl Rohrbaugh: R9 not meant to handle 150 rounds.  (Read 36211 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Karl Rohrbaugh: R9 not meant to handle 150 rou
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 07:31:17 PM »
"Backup".  I can agree with that!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 08:18:09 PM »
Different strokes for different folks, Primary Carry for me and no reservations whatsoever. ;D  My pup will fire anything I feed it always has.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »
I do like the R9; for me, never a complaint; and love those blue carbon fiber grips!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 02:56:53 AM »
Gee I did'nt know they sucked so much, I've only been trusting my life to one for 5yrs now.  And now starting with duals.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline HAWGONE

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
NEW TO THE FORUM, JUST CHECKING OUT WHAT OWNERS LIKE, DISLIKE ABOUT THEIR R9 SINCE I'M Cupj4iiywjfONSIDERING THIS FOR CCW.  DID SEE THIS THIS DISCUSSION ON YOUTUBE BETWEEN KARL ROHRBAUGH AND A VISITOR TO GUESSING A LARGE GUN SHOW OR A SHOT SHOW EVENT.  IF YOU GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH THIS:  Karl Rohrbaugh on the R9 Gun's Role in Life.  KARL CONFIRMS WHAT THIS POST STATES.  BASICALLY THIS PISTOL IS A CARRY PIECE AND NOT INTENDED TO BE USED AS A TARGET PISTOL.

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »
NEW TO THE FORUM, JUST CHECKING OUT WHAT OWNERS LIKE, DISLIKE ABOUT THEIR R9 SINCE I'M Cupj4iiywjfONSIDERING THIS FOR CCW.  DID SEE THIS THIS DISCUSSION ON YOUTUBE BETWEEN KARL ROHRBAUGH AND A VISITOR TO GUESSING A LARGE GUN SHOW OR A SHOT SHOW EVENT.  IF YOU GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH THIS:  Karl Rohrbaugh on the R9 Gun's Role in Life.  KARL CONFIRMS WHAT THIS POST STATES.  BASICALLY THIS PISTOL IS A CARRY PIECE AND NOT INTENDED TO BE USED AS A TARGET PISTOL.

Wow, you mean it's not a target pistol? no wonder i have so much trouble hitting the bullseye at 75 yards. I wish i would have known that before i spent $1200 each for two of them. Oh well, maybe i will try carrying it for self defense now, so I can at least use it for something and my money won't have been totally wasted.  And BTW, all them caps make your post look like gobley-gook brother.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:45:56 PM by Joe_from_NY »

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
Hey HAWGONE-
I hope you were able to laugh at my humor, i didn't mean to come off as too harsh.  ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
HAWGONE.  Welcome to the Forum.  Jump right in there and get the R9.  You'll be glad you did!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »
:-/
I bought a Rohrbaugh R9 in April in Delray Beach, Fl. Immediately after using my Amex fror the "mortgage like" payment, I went into the range in the gun shop and immediately realized the temperamental Rohrbaugh is not meant to fire practrice ammo as I had all sorts of FTFs and double strikes.
After my initial disappointment, I always felt that this was not a gun I would "stake my life on" I am a retired NYPD Detective  of 20 years,
Snip...

Agree with that, a "functioning" 9mm, key word. I love the Kahr for its size and weight, couldnt even imagine a far fetched reason to carry a Rohrbaugh over a comparable Glock other than for the size. But then again, huge huge sacrifice on reliability and dependability.
I have seen many a Rohrbaugh issue and the name "Maria" bandied aboiut on this forum. There are more disappointed reports from first range oputings than I have ever seen on any other forum..........

Man, and they say I am a negative dude. I haven't seen dudes this negative since my time on the NYPD.
 ;)  ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:56:36 PM by Joe_from_NY »

Offline TBI

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »
I just keep on shooting my R9S.....just like I do any other pistol. Keeps on shooting and shooting.  

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »
As I've said before in different lingo, all you gotta do is examine the R9.  If you know anything about guns at all, it is easy to see that you have precision in your hands.
Which means she'll hold up to use, but not abuse.

Some guys just don't understand precision and never will.  You have probalbyl talked to them; like the guy who slams Wilson, NightHawk, Les Baer, Eddie Brown and claims his stock Norinco can outshoot them.

You can't fix stoopid, but you can fix ignorance, but sometimes that lightbulb just won't go on.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »
This is an interesting string that has encouraged me to check out youtube and other gun blogs. My thanks to forum members for their attachments that facilitated my review.

The antagonist has, after all, disappeared nearly 2 years ago. His having chosen this forum to s%^t and run is weird. Did he leave the NYPD and go to work for Kahr?

The fact that the R9S has a shelf life of 150 rounds is ludicrous and I find it both sad and comical to read the blogs of those that choose not to understand the difference between a practice session of 150 rounds and the lifetime of a gun.

The same youtube that the antagonist points out to underscore his criticism of the R9 is festooned with praise of the gun known and loved by us on this forum.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 03:33:40 PM »
Reinz said it well. Ignorance is a potentially remediable condition. Stupidity cannot be cured.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Carter

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »

Wow, you mean it's not a target pistol? no wonder i have so much trouble hitting the bullseye at 75 yards. I wish i would have known that before i spent $1200 each for two of them.

Not a target pistol? Oh crap.

How come I didn't find this out until just after I got my Pup drilled and tapped for a scope?

I mean, jeez, I just started to get good with it on bowling pin matches, so I thought I should scope it and try it out on Silhouette...

;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »
 ;D ;D