Author Topic: Clip-on belt holster?  (Read 21340 times)

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
Re: Clip-on belt holster?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »
Order is placed!  Robert is a great guy to talk with about holsters.  He likes the retention strap the way it is because, in his experience, it's easier to unsnap while drawing that way.

I had a couple of other suggestions about how to improve his design but, surprise, surprise, he was able to talk me out of all of them!  I guess his experience with many holsters a month is better than my experience of one or two holsters every year or so...  ;D

Now I only have to wait 6 to 8 weeks... :'(
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
I hope it is 6 to 8 weeks.  Maybe Robert is ahead of schedule; quoted me 10 to 12 weeks.  I know he most times beats his quote time.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »
My bet is it will be well worth the wait!  Can't wait to see some pictures!!!!!!!

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
      I got my caiman holster from Robert a few days ago. Took exactly five weeks from the day I sent the check 'til the day the holster arrived. I was expecting his usual artistry, but I was astounded by how good this holster looked! I swear Robert gets better with every new holster.    Gene
birdman

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »
OK, I just got my "Texas Cross-Draw" clip-on holster from Robert and its a beauty!  I'm going to try a post a picture:

We'll find out shortly if this worked.  I'll post comments on the holster shortly.

This did not work.  I need help...

I used the Forum post on "pic-post".  I uploaded my pictures to Photobucket; then went to the photo and copied the http address; then pasted the http address between the brackets (4th from left, bottom row, YABBC tags).  But the picture comes up as a little question mark.

I have a Mac and can only "click" on my pad; I can not "right click".  Any ideas from you experienced "picture posters"...??

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:20:53 PM by Chinook »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
OK, I just got my "Texas Cross-Draw" clip-on holster from Robert and its a beauty!  I'm going to try a post a picture:

We'll find out shortly if this worked.  I'll post comments on the holster shortly.

This did not work.  I need help...

I used the Forum post on "pic-post".  I uploaded my pictures to Photobucket; then went to the photo and copied the http address; then pasted the http address between the brackets (4th from left, bottom row, YABBC tags).  But the picture comes up as a little question mark.

I have a Mac and can only "click" on my pad; I can not "right click".  Any ideas from you experienced "picture posters"...??

Thanks

Let's try this!  It worked!

Exellent looing holster.  Now I have an idea what mine will look like!    ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:11:05 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 05:34:40 PM »
Can you show a picture of the backside?
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:26 PM »
Here's the backside, posted the same way and with the same results.

KJT; you gave me a fish but you forgot to teach me how to fish!!  If you would be so kind as to fix this one... and tell me how you did it...

Many thanks

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2010, 08:16:32 PM »
Take this

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/jsm17600/MecoHolsterBk.jpg

and highlight the address and hit the insert image button above that looks like a sunset picture.  It adds [ img] before the link and [/ img] at the end but without the spaces and then you get...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:17:25 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2010, 08:53:52 PM »
Chinook.  There you go.  Thanks Corey.  Didn't get here in time to do that one, but it got done.  Excellent.  I was in a rush awhile ago and didn't have that little extra time.  Wife was saying come on, come on.  I went!    

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
Robert, good looking holster, that safety strap is very important.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »
You will notice that this holster has a single strap that snaps on the front side.  Robert's previous version had a strap in two pieces that snaps in the middle.  For this reason, I have dubbed this version the "Texas Cross-Draw".  Robert says he prefers the two piece strap because work on the one piece strap is a "pain in the behind".  Actually, Robert used a different word than "behind" but my wife might see this email so...  If you want a one-piece, you may have to do some persuading...

My only other comment is that, because the gun is so small and the space is so short, the clip mount is considerably shorter than the length of the clip.  This allows the clip to slide back and forth more than I like.  I think you could sew a cantilever flap (one that has the same stitch pattern as the current mount but extends unattached another inch or so toward the holster top) on the back that would allow a longer clip strap.  I plan to talk to Robert about that.

Having said that, the work on this holster is (imho) simply the best available.  The fit of the gun is excellent.

Thanks, Robert!  Good job!

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2010, 08:46:23 PM »
Glad you like the holster it was my pleasure thank you Robert
robertmeco

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »
Nice looking rig, I may have to look for another R9 if I get any more holsters made for it. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2010, 12:54:35 PM »
Just swap them out daily, John.  That'll work; or another R9, as well.  Should have the cross-draw today as Robert said it was mailed 6/2/10.  We have the mail held while we're gone, so today is the day.