Author Topic: Clip-on belt holster?  (Read 21288 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Clip-on belt holster?
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »
I hope you have better luck with the mail than I have lately. :(

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 07:30:46 PM »
Got the boat load of mail along with the cross draw from Meco for the Seecamp.  Works like a charm.  Just what I needed for the vehicle.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2010, 01:31:36 AM »
Glad the holster made it OK, some have not been so lucky.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:43 AM »
John.  Thanks.  This is the neatest little holster.  Now a cross draw for the right side!    :)

The pictures:

Great work, Robert.  Many thanks!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:59:36 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »
Bum Phillips once said, "a man can't have too many white, straw hats".  I seem to have inadvertently adapted this philosophy for holsters...
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
Yep.  I know the feeling, except I've done that with guns.  I do have a few holsters, though.  As long as I have one for each gun, I'm usually OK; usually.......!     ;D

Then came along a brand new del Fatti!    :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:35:29 AM by kjtrains »

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »
Hi All,

New Jarhead to the forum here.

I've been looking for an IWB or OWB holsters for my R9s.  I checked out the links everyones' been posting, but they're all open top holsters.  I carry my Glock 33 w/out a top-snap on my holster since if it falls out I'm only out a few hundred.  Aren't you the least bit nervious carrying your R9's w/out at least a snap button or something?

Either that or I should stop doing backflips when I'm carrying.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Semper Fi

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2010, 01:27:56 PM »
Welcome aboard, MJ; I think Robert at Meco Holsters could probably address your needs. He can make anything you want.

http://mecopocketholsters.com/iwb.htm

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:32:46 PM by tracker »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 02:20:15 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, MJ. And thank you for your service to our country. Marines are always welcome around this campfire.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »
MJ.  Welcome to the Forum from me as well.  I carry the R9 in a pocket holster and works well for me.  I also have a Glock 33 and have a pocket holster for it as well; little more bulky, but still works.  Again, welcome.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 06:28:52 PM »
Another welcome to the forum MJ! and to add to Richards , thank you for your service to our Great country.

I would also like to agree with Tracker's reccomendation of Meco Pocket Holsters, I have two myself and they work quite well and the service is just as good.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations all!  I really appreciate it.  I'm going to order one or two Meco holsters first thing tomorrow.

Also, thanks for the warm welcomes.  I am really looking forward to contributing and interacting as often as possible.
Semper Fi

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 10:32:53 PM »
Your a smart man MJSeif.  Meco makes a awsome holster.  Welcome to the forum and hope to see some pics of those holsters once you get them.
corey

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »
Just placed my order with Meco for 2 pag pouches and a clip-on holster.  I'm looking forward to them.  I got them in the light tan color.  Usually do black, but heck - new pistol, new color holster.  I'll post pics and an eval as soon as I get them.  
Semper Fi

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
Sounds good.  Don't worry about the color.  You'll want more.     ;D