Author Topic: Special holster to appendix carry a Rohrbaugh  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Special holster to appendix carry a Rohrbaugh
« on: May 18, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
I have one of Racaza's Five-0 holsters, and one of RJ Hedley's Back Pocket holsters cut for a front pocket holster. 

I haven't figured out how to do it, but if I had a holster, similar to the back pocket one, but with a longer flap, so that I could find some means of attaching it to either the inside of my pants or my belt, somehow. 
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Special holster to appendix carry a Rohrbaugh
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
Years ago, Hoffners used to push a similar carry option.  He even had videos of him drawing with good speed sitting and standing.

He no longer has that holster on the website.  Or rather, I could not find it.   The only thing close is the "Thunderwear" and under belt
http://www.hoffnerstactical.com/ItemsCategory.aspx?page=0&dept=28&cat=85

I do like your idea

NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »
Yeah.  I played w. a bit, and it conceals really well, and is quite comfortable.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline ehb86

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:20:17 PM »
I had Alessi make one of their APX holsters for my R9, which I appendix carry quite a bit. I really like it, I did modify it by removing the original attachment clip and replacing it with on of the kydex clips that Milt Sparks sells.

I also added a thin flap of soft leather that provides some cushion between the exposed part of the slide and my body so I can wear it completely tucked under a t shirt. It hides completely and is still relatively quick to get to, if you practice a bit.

With this clip you can actually swivel the holster so that the gun is completely below your belt line if you want. Then you can swivel it back up with just a push from below. Kind of hard to explain, but it works quite well when you really want it gone.

I'm just leaving for a few days, but if you're interested I will try to post a picture when I return, if I remember! Or I could email you pictures.