Author Topic: whats your nightstand gun?  (Read 14676 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: whats your nightstand gun?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »
That's one shiny gun.    I want one lol

Jayson:

This is how it started, with the only embellishments at that time being the Sambar Stag grips and the Bo-Mar sights:

The original Colt, sights, and grips represented the first $1,000.00 of a project that took over a year to complete but was enjoyable every step of the way.   8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:38:39 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:48 PM »
In my nightstand you will usually find a Sig 229 with 12+1 of 40 S&W.  My carry gun, which is currently  a Kimber Solo, is not far away either.

Jayson  -  I like the Glock 20 or anything in 10mm as far as that goes.  I bought a 6" Bar Sto barrel for the mod 20 in 9X25 Dillon which dropped right in.  Puts 115 gr bullets out at 1650 fps with very good accuracy.  A real hoot to shoot.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »

That is one of the best things about Glock; there are so many options available.

Offline Heber_Guy

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
Leaning on the nightstand --- Benelli M4
On the nightstand--- S&W M&P 40
Under the Sweeties  pillow---S&W 357

The only problem is my hearing aids are also on the nightstand and the Sweetie tends to have a rattling uvula when she sleeps. So someone will probably come in and steal all this armament and not disturb my rest or send me to the big rest.
My only hope is that the noise of the Australian Shepard panting and looking to be petted by the intruder will wake me up.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »

That is funny. You could fire the 357 and not worry about finding the hearing aids.

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »
You should look into some type of alarm system,  mines goes off with a high pitch ring if any windows or doors are openned or broken also have a motion detector.  That oughtta wake you up.    As far as glocks go I must say I'm a fan.  So many calibers and options plus uncompromising reliability.
Jayson D

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »
 I have my Nighthawk Custom " Predator " .45 ACP next to me in the bedstand w/ a backup S&W 642 Snubbie. The Nighthawk is Stainless Steel, has Crimson trace Laser Grips , Surefire X300 Light, 10-8 Rear Combat Sight, and Dawson Fiber optic front sight. It has never failed to fire and is much more accurate than I am. This gun is all business, everything is there for a reason, very little "Bling".

Chief
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:57:25 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 10:54:52 AM »
That's one fancy pistol,  nighthawk pistols are on my short list of things I haven't owned.  The t3 is sweet.
Jayson D

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
No pics, but I have a 9mm H&K USPC with a light and 2 spare mags. I'd like to keep my Benelli out, but I've got a really clumsy dog so I keep it ready to go in my closet.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
That's one fancy pistol,  nighthawk pistols are on my short list of things I haven't owned.  The t3 is sweet.

Here is my T3

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »
Right on, Chief.  Both are very nice!    :)  Hey, and the knife too!    :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:45:27 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »
Just so it is understood that our household arsenal is not all "bling," this Generation 4 Glock 17 resides on the nighttable on my wife's side of the bed. I got it for her when she outshot her Court Officer at the Sheriff Department range using the Court Officer's own G17. This Gen 4 has been given an action job by Teddy Jacobson ("Actions by T") and is all business with no "bling" -- unless you count that elephant hide holster I purchased for her from Eric Rohrbaugh. (I just can't help it.   ::) )

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:43:18 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
 It is hard to Bling out a Glock  ;D   I really like the knife that is pictured next to my T3. I use it everyday. It is an NRA "Give away" knife from a few years back. I cannot wear it out! And it matches my Grips on the T3 !  :)

Chief
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:51:00 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »
That is a great looking knife you have there, Chief.  My problem with small folders is that I tend to misplace them. They always seem to show up eventually, but the problem is enough to make me leery of investing in a truly great piece of blade art. I have a client that has made it a practice to give me a different Winchester pocket knife every Christmas. Right now, I'm carrying a little Winchester 2008 Commemorative he gave me while I wait for the misplaced 2007 edition to reappear. As a tactical blade I carry a clip-on Jim Wagner Tanto design from Boker -- but that one never gets used for ordinary tasks and therefore never gets misplaced.

But again, that knife of yours really complements the grips of your T3!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
Chief.  Since your knife is a NRA "give away," thought I had seen one like it before, and went looking; sorta like RS; couldn't find it anywhere; maybe it will surface somewhere, sometime, in a remote drawer; usually have a dresser drawer to put that kind of stuff in.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln