Author Topic: Tales From The Morgue~interesting read about ballistics ALSO: Greg Ellifaz data  (Read 16783 times)

Offline Douglas

• Expert
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty ~ TJ

I wish he meant that about the "outside" threats we face currently.

But, we have a governor and a mayor here who are not believers in the fundamental principles of our nation about whom those words ring more true for me.  :(

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Well said, Douglas, but New York is not the only state that is in a sad state of affairs and it starts in the District of Corruption.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:31:39 PM by tracker »

Offline Douglas

• Expert
Well said, Douglas, but New York is not the only state that is in a sad state of affairs and it starts in the District of Corruption.

Yes but still, we often talk about finding a nice place, like we have here, on the river in Chattanooga or Knoxville so that we might be left alone in our later years. 8)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

Yes but still, we often talk about finding a nice place, like we have here, on the river in Chattanooga or Knoxville so that we might be left alone in our later years. 8)

Come on down. Chattanooga and Knoxville are good but the Great Smoky Mountains are even better if you want to be left alone. 😎
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Douglas

• Expert
Might be a little remote for us. We like to be able to take a stroll and get some dinner, or groceries, etc.

-And I think my days of getting out on the roof myself, or tending the lawn are over. I did that for many years and find that our current situation is much more to my liking.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Compared to living in New York City I imagine being in Knoxville or Chattanooga would be the equivalent of most of us being left alone. Probably a relative thing. All about ratios I would imagine : )

I've been to Tennessee (actually had our honeymoon in gatlinburg and returned many times since) but I have not made it to New York City yet. It is definitely on my bucket list.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline Douglas

• Expert
We love it here. I grew up here and have no desire to leave, except for the politics. That, it seems, just gets worse and worse, more and more intrusive.

So when I say, "left alone" that's what I'm thinking about, not by people in general. People (in general) aren't a problem.

We like urban. We like the convenience, we the like services, we like the options. Looking ahead, access to medical care may (as to most) be important to us. That's why I look around at the types of places I mentioned. We've web-searched those downtowns, plus Louisville, Vicksburg, etc.

Who knows what the future will bring?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
Well . . . we're certainly not urban around here at Critter Creek.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Ha. You could say that again Richard! Beautiful!!

I like Indy for the reasons you describe liking New York Douglas, but more conservative politics and the rural areas make for good escapes to live in.

If we want very suburban chicago is just 2.5 hrs away for a nice weekend getaway.

I have a feeling that once New York is in the blood it would be hard to leave though. Probably have family around too. That makes thing even more complicated I imagine.

Indy works for me and mine... For now : )
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline Douglas

• Expert
Holy cats Richard!

Looks like a long walk if I run out of tonic water!  ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
Yes, it can be a long haul to the trading post for tonic water, but dinner can sometimes be found right outside the door.   ;)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Douglas

• Expert
...but dinner can sometimes be found right outside the door.   ;)

Oh yeah, here too.

;) ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
Touché.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power

Good read that seemingly somewhat contradicts the morgue data; however makes good points as to the effectiveness of the big 3 handgun cartridges.

I think when blended with the morgue data it makes for a well rounded view IMO.

One thing he says may give insight as to why the 9mm has so many hits per shooting. May be the key to balancing the two articles. I like the Elisa's data. Seems accurate.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ddc

Going back to the extra mag issue: I think having a backup mag if the first is flakey is as important as it is to have the extra rounds.