Author Topic: Veterans Day  (Read 3339 times)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
Veterans Day
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »
I just want to give thanks to all those who have served our great nation, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice. I would also like to mention all those Vets who have come back needing help whether it be health, mental health, job training, or just moral support and understanding of what they have experience and are living with. I also hope our politician will fund all the benefits they have more than earned for their service and the service of their families. Hopefully they will not cut the funding for any of the programs these heroes have earned. I also implore all those who come in contact with a veteran whether they be homeless, a student, a professional or anyone in between that we all thank them for their service and reach out to them with a empathetic, understanding and giving way. My prayers are with all of them. God bless them.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Veterans Day
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:33:47 PM »

Very well said, Phil.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 07:48:24 PM »
+1
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 08:22:29 PM »
+100
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:49 PM »

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:20:18 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 09:27:51 AM »
The man standing fought for and under that flag and understands its meaning and value.  The rest of them don't have a clue.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ricardo

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »
Not trying to hijack your post ;D , but think many people, especially the ones there, do have a clue. And who knows, maybe the ones sitting were doing so, so the ones behind can see. I'm a Vietnam Vet and things have changed tremendously. Not just evident on Veterans Day either. R
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:35 PM »

"And Our Caissons Go Rolling Along"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 04:00:10 PM »
Ricardo:

Things have indeed changed tremendously . . . but not in all things for the better, I fear.

Thank you, Sir, for your service!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"