Author Topic: Logging In  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Griff

• Expert
Logging In
« on: November 15, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »
For the last several months, when I pull up the "Rohrbaugh Forum" on my iPad, it more often than not makes me sign in.
I am wondering if that is now normal.
Used to, it always recognized me.  It had been so long since I was required to put in my pass code, that it took me several tries to get it right.
Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I missing something?

I'm not complaining, just curious.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Logging In
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 09:19:37 PM »
Not a problem on my iPad. Are you tapping "stay logged in" or whatever the option is?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline ricardo

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »
Not a problem on my iPad. Are you tapping "stay logged in" or whatever the option is?
Yep, may be in "private mode" which doesn't remember sites visited.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 08:37:46 PM »
I have it set on "forever", but it isn't a big deal. I was just wondering if it was happening with others.
When and if I do figure out what is causing it I will report.
Thanks Josh and Ricardo for your suggestions.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »

I stay logged in and have noticed that the forum occasionally requested a new sign in. This was also concurrent with other favorite sites that did the same thing. I have a Mac and think that the inherent security system just goes to reset from time to time. I have never experienced an exclusive Rohrbaugh Forum exit from the forever sign in.