Author Topic: New member with an R9  (Read 8020 times)

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
Re: New member with an R9
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2023, 09:11:10 PM »
Thank you, Mike.  I can’t believe I actually got them listed.  Every time I decide some things have to go and march down to the safe, I usually end up putting everything back.

Some of my easier choices can’t really be sold.  I made the mistake of sbr(ing) some pistols with braces when the ATF gave us the ability to do it very affordably.  But to transfer them, you’d have to find someone willing to have you hold onto the guns and their money for a year.  A rare situation indeed.  So, I’m going to shoot the hell out of them.  :).

Tracker, what an impressive and exciting history!  A Navy pilot!

Joe, I’m so very sorry about your brother and your father.  There are no words.
Thank you for the tip on the ammo!

Take care, all.  Chris

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 10:12:27 AM »
Chris, I don't think you made a mistake.  (I did the same thing)  You can always take the brace off.  Not sure where all the legal issues are with this soup sandwich of legislation, but it's easy to remove it from the registry.  Should make no difference in the price since you don't have an extra $200 into the stamp.  Now IIRC, NFA items transfer for free from an estate.  So keeping it for your heirs in the hopefully very, very distant future is an option.  Not knowing the climate changes in our future, it might be something they will greatly appreciate and cannot obtain otherwise.

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2023, 08:47:05 PM »
Thank you Mike! I did not know I could change them back!
I have a couple 300 blackouts but after I discovered the 8.6 which suits my needs better in the mountains, I don’t really need them.

A big help!