Miscellaneous > Other Guns

My new AR pistol

(1/4) > >>

MikeInTexas:
Just finished this new AR assembly and thought you guys might like to see it.

Here is what is in it.

Spikes Tactical 'Crusader' lower, purchased stripped.

Fostech Echo AR-II binary fire control group.

Anti-walk hammer and trigger pins.  Cheap ones I already had, will probably get some decent ones next time at the parts store.

SBTactical SBA3 adjustable pistol brace.

Left or Right single point sling compatible back plate.

Magpul grip and handguards.

10.5 inch stainless steel barrel chambered in .223 Wylde.

Carbine length gas system.

Nickel Boron coated M-16 bolt carrier group.

KAK Flash Can.

Non-adjustable gas block with flip up front sight.

Generic flip up rear peep sight.

With sights flipped up, they co-witness in the bottom 1/3 of the optic.

Aimpoint PRO 1 power Red Dot sight.

Got a great deal on the binary trigger and felt I needed to build a range toy around it (or post election vehicle defense device  ::)  ).  For those that are not familiar with binary triggers, they have 3 modes.  First is Safe, second is Semi and third is binary.  First two pretty self explanatory, third is where it fires on the pull of the trigger and again on the release of the trigger.  These are still 100% legal in Texas and most other states.  However legislation in the less free states have targeted them along with bump fire stocks.  In the picture below you can see the internal fire control group.  The hammer is in the fallen position, and that part in rear acts like an auto sear.  It does not allow the hammer to fall until the bolt is in battery.  Kinda complicated parts.  Lucky I did not make any of the numerous mistakes you can make when assembling it and have to go to youtube to watch videos on how to fix what seems to be common issues.

The SBTactical brace is adjustable with 5 stops.  Collapsed the overall length of the handgun is about 28 inches, fully extended it goes out to about 30.5 inches. If I get the flash can pinned and welded on, I can put a vertical foregrip on it since it's over the magical 26 inch mark.  Probably will live without doing that for now.

I could save an inch or more if I went with a regular flash hider, however I like the look of the flash can and it does direct a lot of the noise forward making shooting next to it a bit quieter on the other shooters.

The Aimpoint is just the right height if I decide to shoot it traditional rifle style instead of as a pistol.

After putting this new firearm next to my SBR I am just shaking my head.  I paid $200 and waited 9 months and 15 days for BATFE permission to make that SBR and in the space of two days I assembled something almost identical in size and function legally without the stamp.  Our firearm laws are a mess...........

If the weather clears I will hit the range tomorrow or Friday to check it out.  I will post up my thoughts on how it works out and what my impressions are of the binary trigger. (If they don't boot me from the range for testing its rate of fire.)

MikeInTexas:
2nd picture.

MikeInTexas:
3rd picture.

PhilZ:
That is what I would do if I wanted an SBR. No stamp and with concealed permit can carry loaded in the car. 

MikeInTexas:
Fortunately PhilZ, I fall under Texas Motorist Protection Act, here you can carry loaded in the car without a permit be it a rifle, shotgun or pistol (must be concealed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version