Author Topic: New Puppie  (Read 1267 times)

Offline pupkent

New Puppie
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:53:30 AM »
Hi all,
had the new pup for about a month now, about 100 rounds through it so far. Only 1 FTE, limpwrist I'm certain,
great gun, I am really enjoying it

does any one know if the anodizing is hardcoat or just decorative?, decorative anodize is only about .0002" thick
hardcoat can be up to about .002" thick

this forum is a great resorce I have learned many helpful things,  I have read almost every post now

Kent

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: New Puppie
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »
Kent:

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new masterpiece!

I don't know which model R9 you have, but according to my understanding all anodizing is hardcoat.  I have one of the earliest R9s (No. 132) and have been carrying it for the past three years.  Of course, I treat it with the care it deserves  (even keeping it coated with Renaissance Wax  8) ), but its finish shows no appreciable wear after three years of use.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline pupkent

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply
pup is is R9s with stainless slide (not stealth)

any way the reason I asked about the anodize is there is an area on my triger guard which is not black,it apears to be worn through (not scratched) hard coat should not have worn through. Do you think I should talk to the Brothers about it?    

Kent

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 01:01:35 PM »
Not that it matters, but did you purchase your R9 NIB or used? In either event, if you have a question, give the factory a call at 1-800-803-2233 or 631-242-3175. Rohrbaugh has some of the best customer service in the business. Maria in Customer Service will probably answer the telephone, although if she's on another line it's not unusual for either Karl or Eric themselves to answer calls.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:02:53 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline pupkent

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 01:43:37 PM »
I called Rohrbaugh,and Karl retuned the call
Nice Guy.
Any way the skinny is this the anodizing on my pup is done by another firearms Co. not as thick as some of the older guns so the small wear spot is not out line.

mine was purchased NIB was made in 2007
I never was to torqued about the wear spot, just I thought I should pursue it a little, I still think it is a great firearm and I would buy another one

kent