Author Topic: Another Range Report  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
Another Range Report
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:29:04 PM »
I just got my R9 Elite today and went immediately to the range.  I was not prepared for this and didn't have any of my usual gear.  But everything I was lacking was provided by others there who eagerly wanted to see the gun.

At 15 yards, my first 3 shots were: 18" low, 12" low and 2" low.  The next 7 were within 5" of the third!  I'm pleased!

I did notice that right out of the box, the trigger would "stick" in the back position after dry firing; also after firing the first round.  Finally, I got to fidgeting with it and the sticking stopped.  I wonder if anyone else has had this experience.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline RickP

• Expert
Re: Another Range Report
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:58 AM »
At 15 yards, my first 3 shots were: 18" low, 12" low and 2" low.  The next 7 were within 5" of the third!  I'm pleased!

Took you a while but you finally got your gun up on target. Good shooting!

The sticky trigger is something new. You may want to touch base with Rohrbaugh to see if they have any thoughts on this.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »
You might pull a grip off and lube the pin that goes from grip through trigger to grip.  Then make sure the grips screws are tight.  I had a loose grip once that got that pin kattywompuss and had a weird feeling trigger pull.  Just a thought.
Corey

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
Thanks. I might try that if the problem reoccurs.  Although I would not expect to have to lube anything internal on a brand new gun...
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 11:26:48 AM »
Chinook:

Thanks for posting the report, and congratulations on your new Elite.

Good advice above. I would add only that the trigger mechanism of your new masterpiece might have become a bit dry since leaving the factory. My early-edition R9 thrives on Ballistol lubricant.

Best of luck with what I consider to be the finest pocket pistol yet produced.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 12:22:48 PM »
Chinook, Sometimes the locktite seeps under the grip when putting the grip screws in  when it drys it sometimes makes the trigger stiick.  If it is no longer sticking then thats probably what it was. Keep the gun clean and it should be fine.  If the problem persists then contact Rohrbaugh and they will make it right.  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 01:29:11 PM »
Many thanks for the suggestions.  I'll give you a follow-up report in due course.