Author Topic: R9s Elite  (Read 1548 times)

Offline jbradshaw46

R9s Elite
« on: April 26, 2008, 01:55:05 PM »
This should be in Range Reports below but I am responding more to a previous poster who couldn’t get his R9s to work reliably.  It helps to read the owners manual and know what you’re doing on the range.  My R9s Elite was purchased sight unseen and is my first pocket pistol.

1st Trip to the Range:

100 rounds WWB 115 gr. and one FTF.  I know exactly what caused the FTF as I began limp wrist’ing at about round 50 (hand/forearm getting sore) and got an FTF at round 63.  I put my act back together and the rest of the box fired without a hitch.  Not bad considering the manual advises a cleaning/oiling at every 50-80 rounds.

2nd Trip to the Range:

After cleaning, oiling, and replacing the recoil spring, 100 rounds WWB 115 gr. (wearing gloves this time) a flawless performance.  At 7 yards, off-hand rapid fire, all rounds hit center of mass or thereabouts.  And what was really surprising was aimed fire, 25 yards, all rounds center of mass (or close).

3rd Trip to the Range:

After cleaning/oiling and replacing the recoil spring (per the manual) 100 rounds, 115 gr. Win. Silvertips.  A long session as I was practicing with a half-dozen different holsters.  Again a flawless performance.

I have cleaned/oiled and replaced the recoil spring, loaded-up with silvertips, and the pistol is now my constant companion.  A little silly spending that kind of money on a pistol that seldom sees the light of day, but the money was burning a hole in my pocket.  I am comfortable and confident with the thing.  This pistol is definitely not for beginners.

Offline Benjamin

• Sharpshooter
Re: R9s Elite
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 04:18:11 PM »
Great report and welcome to the forum. New guidelines allow for changing the spring every 200-250 rounds.

Ben

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »
Very good report!! Thank you.. ;D

Welcome to the forum also!!

If you can,please post a pic of your Elite,I am sure some would love to see it!!

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
This should be in Range Reports below but I am responding more to a previous poster who couldn’t get his R9s to work reliably.  It helps to read the owners manual and know what you’re doing on the range.  My R9s Elite was purchased sight unseen and is my first pocket pistol.

1st Trip to the Range:

100 rounds WWB 115 gr. and one FTF.  I know exactly what caused the FTF as I began limp wrist’ing at about round 50 (hand/forearm getting sore) and got an FTF at round 63.  I put my act back together and the rest of the box fired without a hitch.  Not bad considering the manual advises a cleaning/oiling at every 50-80 rounds.

2nd Trip to the Range:

After cleaning, oiling, and replacing the recoil spring, 100 rounds WWB 115 gr. (wearing gloves this time) a flawless performance.  At 7 yards, off-hand rapid fire, all rounds hit center of mass or thereabouts.  And what was really surprising was aimed fire, 25 yards, all rounds center of mass (or close).

3rd Trip to the Range:

After cleaning/oiling and replacing the recoil spring (per the manual) 100 rounds, 115 gr. Win. Silvertips.  A long session as I was practicing with a half-dozen different holsters.  Again a flawless performance.

I have cleaned/oiled and replaced the recoil spring, loaded-up with silvertips, and the pistol is now my constant companion.  A little silly spending that kind of money on a pistol that seldom sees the light of day, but the money was burning a hole in my pocket.  I am comfortable and confident with the thing.  This pistol is definitely not for beginners.

Could I ask what the cost of the Elite was?  Thanks

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
Welcome!

Wonderful report.  25 yard shooting is often times interesting to say the least and at times a bit surprising.  I wonder what yardage the sights are designed for.  Since the R9 is a pocket gun, I would think considerably less than 25 yards but who really know?  Anyone?

There are so few photos of the Elites.  Do you have any that you could post?

Thanks

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 06:20:06 PM »
jbradshaw46,  Great report. Congratulations on your R-9. Welcome to the Forum.  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER