Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9

Extractor Removal?

(1/3) > >>

jh225:
I have a new to me R9 and while the disassembly is pretty much the same as a 1911, I want to strip the gun down and clean/check everything.

I am however, in need of a little info on this guns extractor removal. I am used to internal extractors, can anyone tell me the steps on removing the R9 external extractor?

tattoo:
I would say impossible.  Getting one together is an act of congress.  Removing one no clue. 

MikeInTexas:
I second tatoos comment.

Darn near impossible for the layman.

I tried for a few hours before I gave up.  IIRC it will involve a specialized tool that they had at the factory, or a drill that will permanently modify your slide.

By The Way, welcome to the forum.

tattoo:

--- Quote from: MikeInTexas on May 12, 2017, 07:21:28 PM ---I second tatoos comment.

Darn near impossible for the layman.

I tried for a few hours before I gave up.  IIRC it will involve a specialized tool that they had at the factory, or a drill that will permanently modify your slide.... I didn't want to modify myself but you could drill pin hole from the bottom in order to make the pin hole the same size. Then you could remove the pin with a punch. " the bottom of the extractor hole is smaller than the top.  If that makes sense. 

--- End quote ---

tattoo:
Ps I had to buy 30 extractor pins in order to get the order shipped. I wanted the nice ss pin.  Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version