Author Topic: Help me find a quailty pocket holster for my PUP  (Read 6815 times)

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
Help me find a quailty pocket holster for my PUP
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »
OK, a new R9s warrants a very nice holster to rest in my front pocket.  Like others, I have searched this board and the net.  But, the links here seem to be for makers that have retired [or otherwise gone missing] and Google tells me to look at 245,098 sites.  HELP!

So, here is what I want.  Something that is of the highest quality, made from an exotic skin, that WILL NOT PRINT.  I will wait for a custom job [but would love to get ahead in line if that is possible  ;D ]

What say the members?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Help me find a quailty pocket holster for my P
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
TpaBay.  Robert of Meco Holsters is outstanding; have several of his, the last being a Sharkskin.  Here's the link.

http://mecopocketholsters.com/
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline hdfb910

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »
Another vote for Meco here.  I have the shark skin, still looks brand new.

Pete

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:38:54 PM »
Photos?   ;D

Offline elde

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
Click on the "Photo Gallery" link on Meco's website.

I have one of his front pocket sharkskin lined holsters and it is first class.  

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 05:38:14 PM »
I had Robert make me some custom front pocket holsters. Robert @ Meco holsters is a true gentelman! He will make a holster for your needs! I am a customer of his for Life!

g][/img] ;D

[img][/img]

[img][/img] ;D :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:39:21 PM by wolverine_450 »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
Photos?   ;D

Meco Sharkskin.

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »
You will wait for one of Matts holsters but it's worth it.

http://www.delfatti.com/
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
You do have to keep check on Del Fatti's website, though, for when he's taking orders.  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:48:45 PM by kjtrains »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
I have it on good word that Meco is only a couple weeks out now meaning that from order to delivery is only a couple weeks.  THAT DON'T HAPPEN OFTEN, so make a order soon before his backlog goes way back up.  

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »
There are several replies on my post concerning holster selection that indicate some nice looking rigs by people who make them and suggestions from some of the readers as well as links.

Meco was one that replied.   Of the two holsters that I ordered or have purchased,  one is an HBE and the other is a used Kramer.    My choice is for IWB not pocket so that changes things.   I wear jeans almost all the time when I'm not in sweats or shorts, so a pocket type is not a good choice for me.  Levis simply are not great with pocket holsters.     I would check  Lightning Arms Sports to see what they have instock because they handle lots of high end makers, and are constantly closing out items.    I like Matt Del Fatti's stuff and have spent time on the phone talking with him when I was still teaching.   But the expense and then the years of wait are simply all out of reason, in my opinion, even though I like the guy.   He does post items that are in stock occasionally on his site and you might find what you are looking for.    My favorite maker  K. L. Null doesn't list a rohrbaugh at all, doesn't do exotics I don't think, but does make great stuff and all of it is out of shell cordovan horsehide.   He just doesn't make a clip on IWB so he wasn't even considered for my rohrbaugh.    However, in 40 years of carrying a handgun every day either on duty, as a backup on duty, or concealed, I have used lots of leather by lots of good makers and a few sorry ones.   I've gotten it from all over the USA and some from England from Andy Arratoonian.  I consider Kenny Null the best there is and if he makes what I'm looking for I always go to him first.   He does do custom work but I've found from past experience it's best to just stay with his normal designs if you want his work.  

One person who specialized in concealment for years was Alessi and his stuff doesn't look bad but may not be as exotic as you want.    Both HBE and Kramer will be new makers for me.   I am  hoping I like them but like others who have been shooting handguns a long time,  I have a virtual trunk full of holsters that aren't used and didn't pan out the way I thought they wood.    As for exotics,  I prefer elephant ear and if I'm going to pay the price it's for sure going to be on boots where it shows, not hidden.  But that's just a personal preference.    I want you to remember that free advice is always worth every penny you paid for it...no matter whose it is.  
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »
One person who specialized in concealment for years was Alessi and his stuff doesn't look bad but may not be as exotic as you want.

I have an Alessi Talon IWB for my pup and I love it. While it's not exotic, it's very well made, fits the pup perfectly, and is comfortable, conceals well, and slick to draw from.

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »
I have had a pocket holster from Jim at Hidden Holsters for quite some time and am very happy with it.
http://www.hiddenholsters.net/
He is right down the road from you in Riverview.

Rick

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »
All of the holster makers mentioned on this forum are just superb and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. It boils down to preference, style, price, compatibility, and delivery time.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:22:06 PM by tracker »