Author Topic: New Home for the Pup  (Read 6177 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
New Home for the Pup
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:31:26 PM »
I had Eric, from H.B.E Leatherworks make me one of his pocket holsters for the pup using brown Shark on the front, quality and workmanship are excellent.

John

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:46:57 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New Home for the Pup
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 06:50:11 PM »
Excellent, John!  Like that full stitching.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
Nice rig for sure.  I bet that sucker stays in the pocket when you yank the pup out.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:54:06 PM »
I was thinking of having a stainless steel trim piece made for the edges and if the pup ran out of ammo I could throw the holster like a boomerang / throwing star. :o ;D
  It is a different style than most, but I like the angle it holds the gun at, I had one of Robert's holsters, and although I was very pleased with the quality and workmanship, it tended to tip over in my pocket and the gun would be slide down and grip to the front of my pocket. It was fine in jeans, but I usually wear cargo type shorts and the pockets are loose. My so-inlaw now has the Meco holster and is very happy with it.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 11:29:29 PM »
I like the angle as well.  I have the tip over problem occasionally with the Seecamp.  Not a lot but just enough to be annoying.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:32:04 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 07:46:19 AM »
Nice looking holster, please let me know how it works for you.
I had a similar design for my Seecamp years ago, the holster stayed in the pocket, but the Seecamp would fall out.
There just wasn't enough leather to hold the pistol in the holster.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 12:31:14 PM »
Nice looking holster, please let me know how it works for you.
I had a similar design for my Seecamp years ago, the holster stayed in the pocket, but the Seecamp would fall out.
There just wasn't enough leather to hold the pistol in the holster.

I agree with you-I personally have always looked for a high cut(on slide) front pocket holster..

Nice looking holster pictured,I just don't have that wide of a pocket..

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »

I agree with you-I personally have always looked for a high cut(on slide) front pocket holster..

Nice looking holster pictured,I just don't have that wide of a pocket..

That is a innovative design and some beautiful work!

Brenden's post prompts me to repeat something I have posted before on the Forum. It is my practice to have a local seamstress enlarge and deepen the right-front pocket of each pair of slacks or BDUs I purchase, using a heavy twill fabric -- 12" deep from the belt line to the bottom along the inside- front seam and 5" square at the bottom. The lady has done it so many times for me that she now refers to it as "making a holster holster."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:21:33 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kanuist

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 01:14:07 AM »
John,  That is one nice looking holster.  How's it working out for you?  I've been thinking of making a front pocket holster for my R9 since the IWB I made last year has worked out so well.

I don't see any stitching on the back side at the end of the barrel.  Is that folded back or what?
Join the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:59 PM »
John,  That is one nice looking holster.  How's it working out for you?  I've been thinking of making a front pocket holster for my R9 since the IWB I made last year has worked out so well.

I don't see any stitching on the back side at the end of the barrel.  Is that folded back or what?

I carried it today for about five hours and it felt great, fits fine in my pocket and there is no way the pup would come out on it's own. I really like the angel the gun is held on. I tried several draws and the gun comes out very smooth and the holster can not come out of my pocket. Very pleased.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
Great news!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 07:47:37 AM »

I carried it today for about five hours and it felt great, fits fine in my pocket and there is no way the pup would come out on it's own. I really like the angel the gun is held on. I tried several draws and the gun comes out very smooth and the holster can not come out of my pocket. Very pleased.

John

Excellent, John.  Glad that worked out for ya!  And again, one fine looking holster, for sure.

Offline xpistosk

• "The wise man is he who admits he knows nothing"
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 08:08:45 AM »
Defiantly looks nice and snug.  Quality is impeccable for sure.  Im surprised Eric is not more popular, considering his prices, talent, quality and turnaround time compared to other custom holster guys!
"The wise man is he who admits he knows nothing"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »
Could be, he's not known as well, just my guess.  His work is, as you say.

Offline MOLSON

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:06 PM »
Looks nice, I am still using a nemisis. $20