Author Topic: First trip to the range with R9S  (Read 4430 times)

Offline gunnertwo

First trip to the range with R9S
« on: August 05, 2021, 09:02:04 PM »
First post. Took my R9S to the range today. Picked it up last week, this was the first time my schedule allowed the trip. Used Fed 115 gr ball, the gun ran through it like a hog at the trough. Accuracy was about an inch at ten yards as long as I did my job. Switched to SIG 115 gr HP with the same results. Recoil was a bit heaver but no big deal. You do know you're shooting something. Moved to steel and finished my drills. Did a great job ringing the bell. Very pleased with the purchase. The previous owner purchased the pistol in 2011 and let it sit in the box. I bought a sticky holster for pocket carry while I wait for the order from Pocket Concealment Systems. I think it's the perfect pistol for deep concealment.

G2

Offline gunnertwo

Re: First trip to the range with R9S
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 09:16:46 PM »
Weird- had an error message, said could not post. Sorry for the duplicate.

G2

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 09:37:34 PM »
Not to worry, there's is a glitch in the system that happens all of the time recently.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 01:17:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

You will find a great group of folks on here with everything you ever wanted to know about that pistol.

Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 11:18:05 AM »
And welcome from NE Florida as well.  Word of advice:  be sure to tighten your grips screws as they work loose, especially on the right (ejection) side.  That grip holds the trigger spring in place….I need to tighten mine every 20-30 rounds to be safe.  Loctite is dangerous and you may not be able to remove the grip screws without stripping them.  Based on size, weight, power, quality and “feel” this is simply the best deep carry handgun ever made, at least for me.  Just shot one of mine at the range Monday….30 rounds of 124gr Lawman in point/shoot double tap+1 at 5 and 7 yards.   Flawless!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline gunnertwo

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
Thanks for the tip on loose grip panels. Will check occasionally and after the range trip.

G2

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 02:58:15 PM »
Sounds like a good running pup you have there G2.

Yes, keep an eye out for loose grip panels as mentioned.

Welcome aboard. Good folks all here.

If you need me for anything, I am around enough to help out if needed.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline gunnertwo

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 03:48:22 PM »
Thank you Eric, you designed an excellent pistol and I've very glad of my purchase.

G2