Author Topic: Trivial thoughts!  (Read 4419 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Trivial thoughts!
« on: July 09, 2004, 02:29:28 AM »
Hey - I am good at these!  :P

In the longer term ... tho not really any selling gimmicks needed for R9 - it'd be nice to see ultimately (sometime in future), a small ''kit'' supplied with the gun.  We have discussed the slide open stop - for disassembly ... maybe a 1/16" punch ... and also too perhaps a spare spring set and grip screws spares.

Other thing that seemed nice to have up front .. a real compact cleaning kit .... real short rod able to take phos/bronze brush and jag .. a few patches ... a mini Hoppes bottle.  I use my usual kit but - rod is way longer than needed.

Just a thought ... it'd add minimal cost but would somehow (IMO) add even more to the completeness of the newly aquired piece.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: Trivial thoughts!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 09:20:37 AM »
In time, I assume the Rohrbaugh brothers will bring to market other profitable stuff.

As to what comes with the gun, a take-down block/unloaded chamber flag would be nice.

As to rods, I can see Rohrbaugh contact Dewey and contract with them to produce a short coated rod just for the Rohrbaugh. By selling the Dewey rod, they would open up another profit center. They are not cheap ($25 retail), and they would have a nice mark-up. (I would buy 2.) They may also carry brass or plastic "stick" rods as a lower cost item.

Short term, I assume the Rohrbaugh brothers will begin to carry holsters, since people are more likely to buy a pistol if holsters are available. I also assume that they will feature replacement mags and recoil springs on their web site. Later maybe small travel gun and ammo cases, et cetera.

I would also expect grip panel options being made available, but as for myself, I like the carbon fiber panels for their weight.

Offline HLG

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 11:05:54 AM »
GeorgeH,
Did you ever shoot your R9s? I don't recall ever reading your opinion on how it shoots.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 09:56:38 PM »
Hi HLG:

Yes, about 300 Wal-Mart Winchester white box FMJ rounds. So far, I love the gun, but the long trigger pull took me a while to get use to.

To tell the truth, I really love this gun, but I need to shoot it more to get use to the trigger pull. I'm just not consistant enough. At this point, the gun is more accurate than I am.

What I want to do now is to buy some recoil springs and a few more mags.

Offline HLG

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 12:43:37 AM »
Hi George H,
I like my R9s too, and it is a lot more accurate than my Keltec P3AT. But it is not as easy to pocket carry as my P3AT. It is thicker and heavier than the P3AT. Maybe after I get my "Kentuckian" pocket holster from Ron, it will carry better.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 02:10:28 AM »
Hi HLG:

I too have a Kel Tec 380, but I prefer my Guardians and Rohrbaugh.

I owe DDGator a check, and I'm holding out from shooting any more rounds through my Rohrbaugh until I get recoil springs.

As to the Kentucky, I have one for the Rohrbaugh. You will love it. I'm more a rear pocket carry fan, but I may have to use a front pocket for the Rohrbaugh since it peeks over the edge on a couple of my slacks.