Author Topic: Any update? Looking for a new PUP.  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
Any update? Looking for a new PUP.
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »
My local dealer, whom I have purchased several pups has had another one on order for me for sometime.  I contacted my dealer today and he told me after several emails and messages that he can't provide any update about my order. with him. 

Can someone provide a phone number that is answered and I will call myself.  In the past I had spoken to Maria and she was always very helpful.

Thank you!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Any update? Looking for a new PUP.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
My local dealer, whom I have purchased several pups has had another one on order for me for sometime.  I contacted my dealer today and he told me after several emails and messages that he can't provide any update about my order. with him. 

Can someone provide a phone number that is answered and I will call myself.  In the past I had spoken to Maria and she was always very helpful.

Thank you!

Perhaps DDGator can help, but as far as I know The Freedom Group (Remington, Para-USA etc.) still has Rohrbaugh in the NO-Phone-Zone.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 12:09:11 PM »

There can be no pending orders right now to my knowledge.  Any unfilled orders placed before the ownership transition were cancelled.  I don't think that Remington/Rohrbaugh has started taking any orders.  They hope to re-start production of the R-9 by late summer, but whether that will happen on-time in anyone's guess.

There may still be some guns putt here in stock at various dealers, but there is no supply chain for new guns right now.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »
Thank you.  My dealer didn't tell me that my order was cancelled..

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 10:15:01 AM »
Thank you.  My dealer didn't tell me that my order was cancelled..

Your dealer was probably never notified that it was cancelled.

Some owners were authorized to send their R9's in for warranty work only to have delivery refused when the pistols got to Long Island. 

If you want a new R9, you better grab one quick.  It is looking more and more to me like the end has come.

Remington is probably too busy trying to straighten out their R51 problems to worry about R9's.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »

MY BAD -- orders were not cancelled.  I was mistaken about that.  Any orders that were received prior to the shutdown are on file with the new owners.  The orders have been printed and prioritized in the order they were received.  These orders will be filled once new production starts.

Sorry for the misinformation.  I got my wires crossed there.   :-[
Duane (DDGator)

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »
 ;D

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:51:22 AM »
"Remington is probably too busy trying to straighten out their R51 problems to worry about R9's."

Seems to me that in the R9 Remington has a pistol that already works, has a cachet and a following and needs but a little production quality control...should be a no-brainer to get it back on the market.  Oh, well....
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »

Well, I don't agree that the R-9 has a "quality control problem"... 

Nonetheless, it's not that easy.  Remington is not just taking over production of the R-9.  Assuming they are going to make an R-9 (with some design tweaks), they are completing changing the production process--new location, new machines, new staff.  Presumably they are also making changes to bring down the production costs.  It's not exactly like making a totally new gun, but I imagine it is not a small undertaking either.

I would think that getting the R-51 problems worked out are a higher priority.  The R-51 was a spectacular media failure that hasn't yet been fixed, while their connection to the R-9 is virtually unknown.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 12:10:07 PM »
their connection to the R-9 is virtually unknown.

Yes, and at this point their handling of it from a PR perspective is a problem.  I'm not talking about customer service or warranty work or any of that, I'm just speaking to the way most businesses handle acquisitions and mergers.

Comparing them to businesses in general or just the firearms industry, I think Remington has failed from a public relations stand point.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »
...Has failed. Is failing. The future is up to them, but at this point I think their are deep problems inside of the structure of the company. This type of dysfunctionality is coming from somewhere and it's not coming from a well thought out strategy of how to win.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:40:32 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)