Author Topic: R9 Magazines  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Retired

R9 Magazines
« on: July 01, 2020, 01:12:43 AM »
I need a source for magazines. Will Remington mags fit?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Magazines
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:53:44 PM »
No, the Remington RM380 has a different mag altogether.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 06:47:20 PM »
Trying to get back in touch.  I have PayPal.  I can send you a new R9 mag.  There are several listed also on GunsAmerica for $100 each. PM me if you wish me to send the the one I can spare.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »
Retired, will mail the mag today USPS.  If you are unfamiliar with the R9, there is much good advice available here.  There is a thread that details much you need to know, but I can’t find it....someone here will provide.  Briefly, take it down and clean it before shooting.  If you have no manual with it, pull it up on-line.  The “Pup” likes to be well lubricated and clean.  The recoil spring needs changing every 200-300 rounds depending on ammo used.  Do not use “hot” ammo, +P, etc.  Some ammo has hard primers, avoid!   It likes a firm grip.  The grip screws tend to loosen after 20 to 40 rounds.  If the right grip gets loose, the trigger bar doesn’t function....BUT do not over tighten or you will strip the threads.  Avoid Loctite, same reason. 

This is absolutely the most comfortable carry 9mm piece you will ever experience.  Enjoy!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »
Excellent breakdown of care for the pup backupr9. This forum and the people on it continue to amaze me. Love you all!

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:03:52 PM »
This forum and the people on it continue to amaze me. Love you all!

ecr

Well when good people do the right thing, others tend to follow their lead.  All that set a good example, be kind, do as to others every time type behavior, and it's easy to see where a lot of that comes from on this forum Eric. 

JMHO.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 10:03:22 AM »
I’m packing my R9. I wore it doing outside work in the high humidity.
I looked at those grip screws the next day and did not chance it, I took all 4 out and lightly oiled the screws and placed them back in snuggly.
I always worry about not getting those screws out.

Great read there BackupR9