Author Topic: loaded weapon indicator  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Amacro

loaded weapon indicator
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »
New to site forgive my ignorance regarding some issues. Recently picked up my R9 I did manage to take the pup apart and give it the 1st non factory cleaning - took a little over 1 hour not back considering some of the reports I've read -and I know practice makes perfect-hoping to to go shooting tomorrow- but my question is -when a round is chambered the indicator or part right behind the ejection port - isn't that supposed to stick out a little to let you know there's a round chambered?
PS I am very aware of gun safety and would not rely just on that-but just curious-any feed back appreciated
Thank's

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: loaded weapon indicator
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
Amacro:

Welcome to the Forum!  And good luck with your new masterpiece.

The following is the factory's explanation of the R9's loaded chamber indicator:

[size=10]The pistol’s design does incorporate a "loaded chamber indicator”, noticeable both by sight and feel, to indicate the presence of a round of ammunition in the chamber and ready to fire. The rear portion of the extractor sticks out from the side of the slide (the extractor is visible just to the rear of the ejection port on the upper rear right of the pistol) when there is no round in the chamber. It is flush with the side of the slide when the chamber is loaded.[/size]
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Amacro

Re: loaded weapon indicator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »
Thanks- for the review I did after the post again go back to basic's and reviewed the gun brochure-yep there it was right there!
I hate when there right-but all kidding aside I have side some firearms in the past where the opposite held true therfore the confusion -easily double cured,with yourfeedback and the brouchure
Thanks again
Hope to go shooting today-first test for my new pup-my only firearm at the moment and intent to become proficient.
So I'll keeping learning and go practice.
Thanks for the forum a great place to learn more! :-[