Author Topic: US Firearms  (Read 12634 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: US Firearms
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 08:50:33 PM »
Is this a shooter or a looker and a feeler, or both?

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »
Thank you all for your comments. I do not own a camera but it looks just like the picture on the US Firearms website. What you do not get from the photo is the gun in your hand which is a transforming experience; quality oozes from muzzle to backstrap.

Dealer had no .38 Super ammo so it is a looker so far. I do not intend to shoot this gun a lot. It is a masterpiece, plain and simply.

It is tempting to state that the money spent for this firearm is a better investment than a premium R9. This is folly as the two guns are apples and oranges. The R9 is my favorite gun and the gun I carry. Whereas the R9 is a "personal sidearm" that goes everywhere I go, the Super .38 is a great gun to come home to, admire, shoot little and add much class to your gun collection.

Oh yeah; by the way, (as if we didn't know), Tom Watson is much more than a Rohrbaugh dealer.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 09:43:47 PM »
Congratulations on a good, happy, glad transaction.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 10:31:06 PM »
ACP:

Congratulations on your new and rare 1911 masterpiece!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 08:33:39 AM »
Thank you again.

A postscript: I had never dealt with the FFL to which Tom had forwarded the .38 Super. While he did not have .38 Super ammo, he did have two boxes of Winchester 9MM white box 147 grain JHP ammo @ $21.00 a box of 50 rds.

The way I assess it, the guy had a few token handguns for sale but he was far more of a hunting outfitter; rifles, shotguns, compound and cross bows, hunting gear and clothing.

The dealer was unconcerned about ammo shortage and had no wish to exploit opportunity as his revenue stream was not fed from this source.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »
ACP, It was fun getting you that goood looking .38 super  8)1911. I'm very glad you really like it. It made my day. Thanks for your continued business.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »
Tom

Nothing of value is not earned. When there exists an incentive, for which a win/win outcome is germane, we get to deal with the people who make our lives better on our own terms and compensate them accordingly.

The world is on fire in the insane belief that everybody needs to get the same outcome. WRONG What you should get is opportunity and EARN your reward.

That is precisely what you and I achieved.

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 01:26:26 PM »
ACP,

I just read this thread and want to add my congratulations to you on successfully obtaining one of your "Dream Pistols".
It really is a great story with a happy ending.

Also, kudos to the Irish Guard for his part in the successful acquisition of your new gem.

Regards, Quiet1
Illegitimus Non Carborundum