Author Topic: FrogLube on sale?  (Read 10860 times)

bamboobob

Re: FrogLube on sale?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »
The Froglube arrived! ( Wed- maybe before ) was ordered Sun 7-7
44Kit  inc. cloth

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 10:49:46 PM »
Bob,
I have been using a hairdryer to heat up the gun parts before applying the frog lube paste with either a small paintbrush or a q-tip.  After disassembling the weapon, just lay all the parts, except the grips, out on a towel and pont the hair dryer at them for a minute or so and then dip the applicator and spread like butter on hot corn-on-the-cob. It melts and spreads like butter.  I let it  all cool a little, and then wipe off the excess.  It even seems to shine up the outside of the slide nicely.  The best part may be the smell, and not having my hands soaked in nasty chemicals.  There are also some application demos around on the infonet.

I haven't tried eating it yet, but it might be a good tooth polish.YMMV ;)

Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 10:30:18 AM »
I haven't tried eating it yet, but it might be a good tooth polish.YMMV ;)

Griff

I omit the brush for application of FrogLube and just use my hands.  I'm now thinking of trying it as an after shave lotion.  ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

bamboobob

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »
USDA Certified bio-based product yummm!
   Thanks again for info and encouragement.
               -- YMMV --  ??????
                                                   Bob