Author Topic: Sig P365  (Read 21184 times)

Offline Griff

• Expert
Sig P365
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:31:03 PM »
What about the new Sig Sauer P365?
Has anyone seen one in the wild, handled one, shot one, bought one?
What do you think?

Thanks,
Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Sig P365
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 11:39:06 PM »
I have one on order along with a million other people. They are slow coming out of the factory due to a shortage of the night sights.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 06:46:06 AM »
I read on the sigforum that Sig stopped P365 production to fix a problem with "Peening" Maybe one of our gunsmiths can give their two cents and describe what the problem is.  I always like to wait at least 6 months before buying a new model car or gun so they can work out the early production issues.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 03:28:04 PM »
The next batch of Sig P365s are finally arriving. I just bought one on GB for $25 over msrp...that is a far cry from $200 over that they were bringing. Check out the latest review.
http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/first-look-sig-sauer-p365/
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 09:53:59 PM »
Sig has the 12 rd extended mags back in stock.  I'm getting mine in reverse order.  I ordered the extra mags first, the appendix holster is still on back order, then I'll get the gun when GalleryofGuns.com has them back in stock. 

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »
I ordered the ext mags 2 months ago when they were in stock. Holster next...

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 10:11:27 PM »
I picked one up on Monday.
Put 100 rounds of fmj Remington and 3 boxes of Gold Dot 115 hp through it without a hiccup.
It has a great trigger, came with night sights, really accurate, shoots like a full size gun.
I could not be happier. I think they could get twice the price and sell every one they make.
I paid $549.  I should be getting my 12 round mags tomorrow.
I carried it, front pocket-holster today. It is a bit more of a lump than my regular R9, but with 11 rounds I didn’t feel like I needed a spare magazine.
It is great to live in America and have the right to bear arms, as given by God!

‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »
Birmingham Pistol called to tell me that they sold my P365 & 3 others that they had on Gunbroker at a gun show. I can have my money back if I want or wait till their next shipment. It turns out that the 4 they had are the original ones first out that need to be sent back to Sig for the sight upgrade. I will get a refund & never deal with them again.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 06:02:39 PM »
I think that it is better to wait anyway until the rough spots are worked out and the price comes down. That is my plan.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 07:51:44 PM »
I think that it is better to wait anyway until the rough spots are worked out and the price comes down. That is my plan.

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 09:13:06 PM »
I got my two 12 round magazines in the mail today, and put 100 rounds of Winchester white box through them. Still not a hiccup in any form.

- C. S. Lewis

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
I got my two 12 round magazines in the mail today, and put 100 rounds of Winchester white box through them. Still not a hiccup in any form.

Does your barrel have the relief cuts?

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »
PhilZ, I just saw your question about the relief cuts to the barrel.
I don’t see any cuts, but may not know what to look for.
The box says it was built on May 12th, so I figure it is the improved version.

Cigaritaville, I put my name on the list at Simmons in Bessemer, and they called me on a Friday, and held it until Monday for me.
I paid $549.
I think Bham Pistol unintentionally did you a favor.
Check out Simmons. They are great to deal with, and always have fair prices.

Happy Palm Sunday everyone.
- C. S. Lewis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 02:59:32 PM »
My Sig P365 just came in. Now to find a owb holster...everyone's sold out of the good stuff. I am amazed at how small & light this gun is, even with an extended mag, which doesn't look any different than the mags that came with it. It holds 12+1 of 9mm plus a mag in the pocket= 26 shots! Can't wait to shoot it! Happy Easter everyone!!

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 04:31:37 PM »
My Sig P365 just came in. Now to find a owb holster...everyone's sold out of the good stuff. I am amazed at how small & light this gun is, even with an extended mag, which doesn't look any different than the mags that came with it. It holds 12+1 of 9mm plus a mag in the pocket= 26 shots! Can't wait to shoot it! Happy Easter everyone!!
Where did you get yours?
I am using a belt slide for owb.
I have ordered a Recluse one sided pocket holster.
- C. S. Lewis