Author Topic: handgunBarbie launcher (*Humorous Post*)  (Read 2454 times)

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
handgunBarbie launcher (*Humorous Post*)
« on: January 30, 2010, 07:54:52 PM »
 :D
I have been investigating the possibility of a relatively low-velocity Barbie-doll launcher assembly, to be affixed the the barrel of a 9mm handgun (as opposed to the usual unwieldly air/gas/propane-powered potato gun).
The assembly would doublessly begin with  of a custom-designed threaded barrel extension assembly to support the actual Barbie-launcher. I fear this would likely void any manufacturer's warranties, and perhaps run afoul of Federal Regulations regarding silencers, flash-suppressors and other threaded barrel-mounted accessories. The actual propelling round would likely need to be a hand-loaded low-pressure, custom-propellant round with a cotton wad-cutter type spacer, since it would only be used for the initial propulsion, after which the normal laws of balllistics take over. The real advantage to using the R9 (or R9s -- it's not like we're gonna use the sights) would be the ease of possible concealment of the entire Barbie-launching platform under one's clothing (the 'Stealth Barbie Project').
Other possible downsides to this project development I can see:
1) Signifigicant legal liability should a loaded Barbie-assembly be fired at a human -- resulting in injury or distress --  rather than in it's designed 'howitzer-like' amusing ballistic trajectory.
2) The possibility of projectile (Barbie) breakup due to unforeseen or untested stresses.
3) The offense to the common morals of the community, when Barbie finally falls to earth, most likely landing in a very unladylike position.
4) Other unforeseen yet undesirable possibilities or problems.
Any assistance which could be offered on this subject would be appreciated.

(NOTE: So I couldn't wait until April 1st, sorry.  :-[)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: handgunBarbie launcher (*Humorous Post*)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:15:14 PM »
Everybody needs a sense of humor.  Barbie.  ???  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
Re: handgunBarbie launcher (*Humorous Post*)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
Again, I am sorry for polluting a serious forum, contributed to by knowledgeable and serious people, talking about serious subjects. So, I hope I'll be forgiven and not banned, because something came upon me, and I couldn't resist it.
 :)