Author Topic: New Stealth: First Impressions!  (Read 4142 times)

Offline marco

New Stealth: First Impressions!
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »
Hey Guys!

Picked up my new pup yesterday, a brand spanking new Stealth R9S!  Only one I could find in the US, by the way.  Brought her right home and field stripped her with no problem at all.  Reassembly was quite easy as I followed a video link I had seen on this forum.  I was dreading this but it was truly not a problem.

Headed to the range immediately after and ran 60 rounds of various ammunition through the pup including a box of 124 grain Gold Dots.  I set up a dozen half pint water bottles and at 7 yards hit every one in succession.  Wow, was I impressed!  The accuracy of this tiny pup was better than expected and it confirmed RJ's excellent advice on going with the sights.  Truly amazing!

Recoil was a bit rough but manageable and not nearly as bad as expected.  

I do now see a little wear around the ejection port with a couple of silver spots showing through the diamond-cote.  This is OK as I expected this as I have never had a "black" gun that held up except for the tennifer finishes on my Glocks.  I suspect that down the road as holster wear rears its ugly head, I will have the pup refinished after having the front and rear straps stippled.  

I am now in search of a lightweight small IWB holster.  Anyone have any input?  I have purchsed a few FIST holsters over the years and the quality is good.  Love to get some input, though, before I make a purchase.  Also, I imagine that ultra thin kydex is probabaly a bad idea due to the finish on this gun.  Am I correct to assume this?

So, all in all, I am very impressed with the workmanship on this fine little beast.  The tolerances are perfect and super tight and it ran without malfunction through four different types of ammo.  This baby will be my constant companion for years to come!

Thanks to all and especially RJ for all of the excellent advice!  I am proud to be member of the Rohrbaugh family!

Marco
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 10:49:50 AM by marco »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: New Stealth: First Impressions!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
good report from a happy camper.  the forums camp is full of happy and safe folks.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline henryk

• Sharpshooter
Re: New Stealth: First Impressions!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
So it would appear.   :)