Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

IS MY R9s SPECIAL? OR NOT?

(1/3) > >>

BobJhn:
In September, 2004 I bought a R9s thinking it would be a good carry gun.  After putting 100 or so rounds through it over a couple of months, I decided it was not what I wanted for that purpose - - even though I really appreciate the quality and size.  And I don’t carry a backup. So, I put it away, and just fondled it occasionally.  Now, after reading entries in the Forum, I wonder how my gun compares to some of the variations that are discussed. Several factors seem to be important – R or not, place of build, serial number, type of grips, something about the magazine base plate, etc.  I could keep reading various threads and maybe figure it out, but I hope someone will help me understand where mine fits in. It may be a Stealth Elite model.   
It has Rohrbaugh R9s on the right side of the slide, with the serial number R196 on the frame underneath, and Farmingdale, N.Y. on the other side, both in a German style lettering (DS Zierschrift?).  The grips are black graphite or carbon fiber looking and checkered (?) with light blue shading around the edges.  The mag base plate has Rohrbaugh engraved in a very small text in a ribbon design, and what looks like a spring inside a shield. What else should I use to describe it? I will try to attach photos, and will appreciate any help.

Bob

tracker:
Yours is a beautiful example of an early Farmingdale model with blue CF grips. It is definitely not a stealth/elite model but only a standard R9 model for that period. Later models had some internal refinements that contributed to their enhanced functionality and reliability. I have two R9S that are quite similar to yours.

tattoo:
All what trackers said but is an r9s as it has sights.

Brenden:
It’s a beautiful blue gripped Farmy!!

backupr9:
A beautiful pistol.  The original blue grips are valuable in their own right.  Welcome to the Forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version