Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

R9 Serial Number 108

<< < (3/3)

ECR:
For some reason, yes, those early blue CF gripsets worked well when wet hands grabbed them! They were more porous in material design.

PsychoSword:

--- Quote from: ECR on March 20, 2020, 04:39:00 PM ---For some reason, yes, those early blue CF gripsets worked well when wet hands grabbed them! They were more porous in material design.

--- End quote ---

I remember that. Whenever I had sweaty hands it always felt like it gripped better. I thought that was a property of all CF grips and why I loved them so much. I had a sighted (R9s) at the time that looked exactly like that, only with the sights. I would like to find someone who can make grips like that for me again. Any suggestions?

ECR:
Not really. The fellow who made those for us in those days were done by a C.N.C. operation and then the inside area for the trigger sear bars were done by hand using a Dremel tool! Lots of handwork went into those early pistols. As for someone today to make one set, definitely not cost-effective and doubtful for you to find anyone to do it. Keep your eyes here on the forum's Classified Area for any sets that become available for sale. Also keep an eye out on other gun forums along with eBay, GunBroker, Guns USA and other auction sites.
Good Luck in your search!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version