Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

R9 conversation to .380 question?

(1/4) > >>

Sonny_Boy:
Hi,

I have a R9 serial number in the mid 400s and have a .380 complete slide with barrel. What else besides a .380 magazine do I need to complete a conversion.

Thank you.

ECR:
Good Morning Sonny,

Along with the .380 barrel and the complete slide, you will need:

* .380 Recoil System (The springs are different strength - possibly get those at Williams Gunsights or Wolff Springs)
* .380 Ejector (They were wider than the 9mm versions by +/- .007" or so. I believe the R9 ejector was .098" and the R380 was around .105")

I may have an ejector in one of my boxes, so I'll give a look and get back to you.
The springs? . . . . . I really doubt it, but again, I will give a look through what I have.

In a pinch, try using a worn-out 9mm outer recoil spring on your R9 recoil assembly. I did try that back in the day and it did function the slide properly.

Sonny_Boy:
ECR,

Thank you kindly for your reply and possible help in my scavenger hunt. The hunt is on.

ECR:
Hey Sonny,

Well, sorry to say. . . . . . I have failed miserably in my search for R380 parts here. I do not have any .380 ejectors, springs or magazines in my boxes. Try Williams Gunsight. They had all of our parts. Being the .380 was not too popular, they may have thrown those out.

Regards,

Eric R.

Sonny_Boy:
 :(YIKES!

Interesting article on .380

https://www.guns.com/news/review/rohrbaugh-r380-review-what-the-r9-shouldve-been

Just called Williams Gunsite and they have plenty .380 magazines, recoil springs and ejectors.

No more .9mm magazines, but springs and ejectors in stock.

Thanks for the heads up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version