Author Topic: Nother Newguy  (Read 4927 times)

Topaz9mm

Nother Newguy
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »
Howdy yal.  Been drooling over a Rohrbaugh for over a year.  I have a saying.  If I have a picture of it ... I will have it.   Picture has been in my daytimer since first coming across it. Studied the puddin' out of it and ALL the others.  Have profile overview over lay charts, dimension specs, performance reviews.... looked at a plethora of others. In 9mm, i have Browning HP, Kel Tec P11, P9f,  Smaller I have Kel Tec P3AT, Seecamp .380, Kel Tec 32 and Seecamp 32. HiStandard derringer 22 mag, NorthAMerican arms derringer 22 mag.

So I have been chasing the elusive CCtool for awhile.  Boberg is interesting as well.  But I deserve my .380 size and airloom Rohrbaugh quality.

Pick it up this coming weekend.  Available now but it is 170 miles away so I will patiently wait for the WAC Gunshow and pick it up there.

So now the question is "holster" "wallet" ?  I'll peruse the rest of the site, as that has probably already been covered but I am looking for successful daily carry rather than buying and trying everything out there when this forum can offer feedback.

Thanks.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Nother Newguy
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »
Topaz.  Welcome to the Foum and congrats on the R9 purchase.  Recommend Meco Pocket Holsters and Hidden Holsters; both are excellent.

http://mecopocketholsters.com/frontpocket.htm

http://www.hiddenholsters.net/

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:14:36 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »
Welcome to the Forum! You should be able to find examples in the Accessories Section. Good luck with your search for the perfect holster.  ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline Lance M

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »
Hey kjtrains,

I'm just wondering why you left Hedley Holsters of your recommended list?  Is there an issue with them?

Thanks.

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »
Lance;

Lisa Hedley makes a good holster. Doug Childers at Bear Creek does as well. Holster makers are like ammo brands, there are a lot of them and sadly we can't remember them all. The holster makers, mentioned by kjtrains, are members here.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 07:44:16 PM »
Lance.  Dano is right.  Lisa Hedley does make a great holster, taught by her Dad, R.J., who has sadly passed away and was a member here.  I recommend her as well.  The two I mentioned above, were taught the holster trade by R.J.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »
Topaz9mm, Welcome to the group.

Here is yet another excellent choice in holster makers Kevin of K & D Holsters  http://www.kdholsters.com/

Here is a new offering from him a Duel Carry model, Pocket or OWB

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1297617312

John
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 08:06:55 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lance M

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »
Thanks,

I just wanted to make sure a recent order wasn't a mistake since all 3 seem to have learned their trade from the same guy.

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »
Thanks,

I just wanted to make sure a recent order wasn't a mistake since all 3 seem to have learned their trade from the same guy.
If you ordered your holster from a holster maker trained by R.J. Hedley, you will be happy with the holster that you receive.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 08:22:11 AM »
Should you ever find being offered for sale a used holster that was made by the late R. J. Hedley, grab it if at all possible. I was privileged to call the man my friend, but I am comfortable in observing that he was one of the finest gunleather artists to pass our way.

Finally, welcome to the Forum, "Topaz9mm."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
Welcom tho the forum and good luck with your R9.

I had Robert Locke @ Meco holsters make me a couple of custom front pocket holsters. What may be perfect to me, you may not like. I suggest buying a couple of inexpensive or used holsters to try. Once you find a design, call Meco and have Robert make a holster to your specific specifications. Just my $.02. Enjoy your search. I have four custom Meco holsters and two more on the way. ;D