Author Topic: Pay it Forward  (Read 5982 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Pay it Forward
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »
Duane, How about a Pay It Forward sticky in the classified section. I have seen it on several forums and started one on the LCP forum in 08 and it's still running.

Here is the way it works.

This section is different from most threads in that the intent is to "Give Your Unwanted No Longer Being Used Items a New Home Were They Can Be Put To Use”  Once an item has been posted and someone claims the FREE item they in turn need to likewise post a FREE item as well.  The idea is to "turn your old treasures into someone else's new treasures?"    Here's the idea: I will put some of my "stuff" up for grabs that I don’t want or need anymore. If someone wants it, they simply ask for it. I will send my item to that person...ON MY DIME. The person who gets my item will, in turn, put something up for grabs on this thread for someone else to claim. It can be any kind of accessory...brass, dies, a holster, a scope, scope rings...whatever.
Here are the rules:

Continued on next post (this exceeds the 2000 character limit)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Pay it Forward
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
Continued from above)

(1)  Each item should be posted as a separate thread (NEW TOPIC) in order to reduce confusion.  Whenever an item is claimed, the thread originator will either delete the post or will contact a moderator requesting that the post be deleted.  As a courtesy, when you receive the item, please let the sender know.

(2)  If you take something...you must give something in return of equal or greater value.  Please do not take something unless you too will add something to replace what you received.

(3)  Members should NOT post their mailing addresses or other personal information in this room.  Instead communicate that information via private message (PM) or email. 

(4)  This is not a place to ASK for items you want that have not been put up by someone.  Any posts on this order will be DELETED.

(5)  The purpose of this section is to help our members help each other.  If you see anyone selling their free gifts on another site, PLEASE let one of the moderators know.

(6)  There will be no mention of for sale or for trade in this room -  directly, indirectly or any other way.  Violators will have their posts deleted - period.  We have a classified section and that's where those posts should land.   

Please identify what you are offering in your thread title.  For example:  "PIF: Meco Holster for R9"

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:42:38 PM »
Interesting idea.  I am not opposed.  What do others think?
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »
I like it...may be some interesting items show up.  I can think of a few things I have around here.  Things enthusiasts like us on this forum would be interested in. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »

One person of note initiated a pay forward kidney donation. This one seems minor in comparison and several members have already done it without a formal program. Why not?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »
I like it too!  Let's do it!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
"Aye!"
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 07:54:08 AM »
    I'm in!       Gene
birdman

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
Agree
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 09:33:59 PM »
 I think it is a great idea and worth trying. If people start complaining then it could be deleted. Give it a shot. I have some NOS I would post.

Robar233

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 12:29:14 AM »
Yankee,

Why don't you go ahead and start the thread in the Classifieds section, with an explanation of how it works, and I will put a "sticky" on it and we will see how it goes.

Thanks for the idea.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 12:37:35 AM »
I will need to post it in two parts because of the 2000 character limit per post are you able to consolidate them ?
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »
I changed the limit to 5000.  You should be good.

Duane (DDGator)