Author Topic: Impressed Sales Rep  (Read 12256 times)

Offline Robar233

• Master
Impressed Sales Rep
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:56:59 PM »
I went to the range today with a sales rep from Sig-Sauer. After trying some of his stuff I let him try my R9. He put 12 rounds through it and he thought it was fantastic. Yeah, I know we know that.
 This brought the round count up to 97 so I gave the pup only her second bath (first was out of the box). That is right 97 rounds, carried daily in my Meco pocket holster and not a problem. This is one hell of a pistol! The NP3 is fantastic!

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Impressed Sales Rep
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:40:53 PM »
Excellent range report. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »
Excellent range report. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

I love it! Sig, meet Rohrbaugh.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:39 PM »
I went to the range today with a sales rep from Sig-Sauer. After trying some of his stuff I let him try my R9. He put 12 rounds through it and he thought it was fantastic. Yeah, I know we know that.
 This brought the round count up to 97 so I gave the pup only her second bath (first was out of the box). That is right 97 rounds, carried daily in my Meco pocket holster and not a problem. This is one hell of a pistol! The NP3 is fantastic!

Way to go, 233.  Great range results and happy to hear the Sig guy liked the Rohrbaugh.  Excellent!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »
He showed me pictures of their new P290. It is a sub compact 9mm slightly larger than the R9. It does come standard with night sights. He said it is wider than the R9. I am sure the trigger is nothing to write home about. All this being said I would not trade my R9. It really is quite a special firearm.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
It's a nice little gun, a little on the chunky side.  You might have to have one if you did NOT already have the best.  But they are about 7 years too late for that.  8)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
He showed me pictures of their new P290. It is a sub compact 9mm slightly larger than the R9. It does come standard with night sights. He said it is wider than the R9. I am sure the trigger is nothing to write home about. All this being said I would not trade my R9. It really is quite a special firearm.

It's hard to beat the R9!     :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
I had to qualify with my Kahr PM40 today. I have done this once before prior to my R9. I did this same quals with the R9 a couple of weeks ago. I failed the first attempt by one round. After the second 60 rounds I got a blister on my trigger finger between the tip and the first joint. I passed but two rounds less than the R9. As soon as I got back to work I sent out an email offering it for sale.
 The R9 has ruined me! It is by far the best pocket pistol.
  I still have not figured out why some of you own more than one, but I am working on it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 09:02:42 PM »
Robar233.  Owning more than one R9 doesn't affect everyone, just some of us.  I can't tell you what it is either, however, it's like holsters, or grips; or what have you.   I can tell you, there's no cure!    ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 09:20:26 PM »
 I still have not figured out why some of you own more than one, but I am working on it.

For me, it's one in each front pocket .  You never know if your dominant hand is going to be busy or out of action.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
Good answer, Reinz.  I've never carried two before.  I wouldn't have a place for car keys, knife, and the like; also haven't been in places I thought would require two; but that, you never know.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »
Knives go on each side of waist band and keys just next to right knife in waist band.  
Wallet in back pocket and spare mags in dual mag carrier that does not tumble in other back pocket.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
I'm glad that works for you.  Just too much for me.

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
I left out the Fenix flashlight. This completes the trilogy. The money clip Swiss Army knife only counts as a knife with the TSA! The Microtech does count as a real knife.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »
The extra gun is natural for me. The extra knife is still a little awkward.  I got that idea from a member here on the forum, I'm sorry that I do not remember who.