Author Topic: First Shots With New R9s  (Read 3351 times)

Offline relicdigger

First Shots With New R9s
« on: August 26, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »
 My first shots with my new R9s went flawlessly. I started out with a couple clips of Winchester 115gr. They shot smooth as could be with little kick, much like many others have said that it is more like a snappy feel. Next I followed with a couple of clips with Speer Gold Dot 115gr. They also shot flawlessly but with a little more of snap. All shots were done standing with a modified Weaver grip/stance at about 30 feet and filled 10 inch diameter circle. Any shots that were not close to center were due to me getting used to the long trigger pull and were low and to the right. I feel very comfortable and confident with Rohrbaugh being my carry pistol.
Mike

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: First Shots With New R9s
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:00:18 PM »
Mike,
   Sounds like a good range trip, congrats.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »
Glad to hear it, Mike.  Continue to enjoy!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »
Good to hear positive things.

No surprise.

Enjoy!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »
Mike:

Welcome to the Forum, thank you for the fine range report, and congratulations on the good shooting. The R9 is an extraordinary little pistol. I continue to be amazed by mine after having used it as my EDC since May 2004.

Yesterday, my wife and I were at a friend's "hobby farm" to inspect a trout pond he had constructed next to an all-weather artesian spring. The presence in the adjacent field of a trailer-mounted clay pigeon launcher inevitably led to a discussion of shotguns, then rifles, and then handguns. When he asked if I carried a handgun I pulled the holstered R9 from my pocket and handed it to him, explaining that it was DAO with "one up the spout." He carefully removed it from the holster, examined it closely, and then said: "Wow! I want one."

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"