Author Topic: New MECO split holster  (Read 17960 times)

ccoorreeyy

New MECO split holster
« on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
I got a nice suprize in the mail box today.  My split holster (don't know the real name of it yet) from MECO got here and it's as nice as all the others I have.  Its a great looking holster that can be used in the front or rear pocket.  It's thinner than the regular back pocket holsters in that its pannel is part of the main holster and not an attached flap.  I like it.  I can't wait to use it a while to see how I really like it.  Thanks Robert!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:43:05 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New MECO split holster
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
Looks really nice.  It is different and in a good way.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »
Your welcome hope it works for you let me know after you carry it a few days
robertmeco

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
Great job once again Robert. I think it is a bit more improved since the last split one you made.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »
   Robert what is the advantage of these over conventional pocket holsters? What are you going to make them out of? What will the price be compared to the originals? What,What,What.  I sound like a four year old! Anyway I want one. I'll call you tomorrow. Thanks pard.         Gene
birdman

Offline hdfb910

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
Looks great.  I have one of those in shark on order.  How long did yours take?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »
It gives no weapon print, if that is a high priority. Also, it looks more stable in the pocket which may be partially offset by a bit more leather to get in the way when drawing in a stressful situation. Just an observation but it is a unique design.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:10:59 PM by tracker »

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »
    Robert, cashiers check mailed. Do you have a picture of that honey colored elephant skin? Or maybe Corey has a picture he would share.
Thanks,
Gene
birdman

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
It took about 4 weeks.  Robert had talked to me about it before he had even made one.  At that time I did not know just what it would look like but I knew I wanted one.

I think this is the Honey Elephant.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
I like it.  That is one HONEY of a holster.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »
   Corey, thanks for posting that elephant skin picture again. Robert's holsters and Corey's photography have to be the best combination on the internet! Anyway, when I called Robert to order the "split" holster I asked about any new material he might have. When he mentioned the "honey brown" elephant skin I asked if it the same skin as the ones you and I have. He said it was not. He said it was smoother and the color was different. I guess I'll know what it looks like when it gets here.  DAMN I LOVE WAITING!!!      Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »
Just think how nice it is when you get it, though.    ;D

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 11:55:29 PM »
Ok Gene here is the real Honey Brown Elephant.  I LOVE it and can't wait to see it's new form in a R9 holster.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 12:07:49 AM »
Good lookin' stuff!

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
     Corey, thank you so much for posting this. Robert(Meco) emailed me this picture of the honey brown elephant skin. Being totally helpless around a computer, I had to ask Corey to bail me out and post a picture of it. As always Corey was willing to help. This forum would certainly survive without Corey, but it is a much better and richer place with him in it. Thanks again.    Gene
birdman