Author Topic: Leather or Kydex for R9s?  (Read 2862 times)

Offline spursguy10

Leather or Kydex for R9s?
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:37:01 AM »
So I am looking to expand my carrying options beyond the pocket and into the waistband. I have used a Kydex holster in the past with great success, but was using a LCP (polymer) at the time.

I have to admit that I am worried about possible wear on the R9 from kydex's hard surfaces.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks!
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
-Clint Eastwood

Offline kanuist

• Expert
Re: Leather or Kydex for R9s?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »
I would never consider putting my R9 into a kydex holster.  I don't know how the pups finish would stand up to kydex, but I don't want to find out the bad way.

I use an IWB leather holster that I made myself.  I've been wearing it for nearly a year with no noticeable holster wear.

I do use a leather lined kydex holster for my Kimber 45.  It's made by Tucker Gun Leather and is called "silent thunder" as you don't get the usual snick sound when drawing the gun.
Join the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Offline saw1212

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:48:29 PM »
Tucker Gun Leather makes a leather lined kydex holster to fit your pup.....Silent Thunder as stated above....I have one for IWB when my pockets are full.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:49:23 PM by saw1212 »
Beware the man with a well worn gun....he likely knows how to use it.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »

A very unique, attractive holster.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 05:41:41 AM »
Tucker Gun Leather makes a leather lined kydex holster to fit your pup.....Silent Thunder as stated above....I have one for IWB when my pockets are full.

Certainly another option.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln