Author Topic: Double - Offset - Paddle Knife Sheath  (Read 1568 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Double - Offset - Paddle Knife Sheath
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:48:02 AM »
Had a friend who wanted me to build him a sheath for 2 of his knives he takes with him when hunting. He has a Buck skinning knife and a SOG field knife. He wanted them offset at an angle, and paddle mounted. I couldn't find anything like that online to go off of so I just sort of went with it and this is what it came out like. Done several pistols but this was the first knife sheath I've made. Turned out alright. Figuring out how to mount one sheath on another with space between them was the difficult part, and between the two are some pretty crazy little Kydex spacers that had to be made. Firearms are easier than this and I think I'll stick with them!

-Adam
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:15:48 AM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Double - Offset - Paddle Knife Sheath
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »
Looking good :)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
Thor, that is quite impressive work!  It looks like you are becoming quite the craftsman with the Kydex. 8)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
Thanks Reinz.  I'm really taking my time, trying to make it them as nice as possible rather than just slapping them together.  I appreciate your kind words.

-Adam
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington