Author Topic: KelTec P15  (Read 3746 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
KelTec P15
« on: September 12, 2022, 03:14:10 PM »
Some don't care for KelTecs but if this new one is reliable it looks like an excellent carry piece:
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/p15/

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: KelTec P15
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 06:28:58 PM »
I'm not an admirer of KelTec firearms, but all that is from other sources, none from first hand experience. I always felt that way about Taurus firearms too. I just bought a .357 ported Taurus Tracker and it is a fantastic gun to shoot. I'm a believer that just because something starts off weak, don't write them off forever. I bought my son a used Kia several years ago and it was a piece of junk. Now they're giving Toyota a run for their money. I read some of the reviews about this Keltec and was especially taken back by the aluminum version with the wooded grips. What a beautiful looking gun! Can't wait to see it when it arrives at the stores. Thanks for the heads up Tracker!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 11:18:51 AM »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 04:36:49 PM »
Looks good.

I especially like that it is designed so you can easily disconnect the magazine safety and the grip safety if you like.

Online chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 07:56:27 AM »
I have a P 32, at under 7 ounces, that goes absolutely everywhere with me.  I forget it’s there, except when I realize I have one less pocket for phone, wallet, keys and change.

I just got a KSG Tactical out of jail.   It’s the shortest one, I think the barrel’s under 14 inches. I have purchased subsonic 12 gauge for it and fitted it with a Salvo-12 suppressor.

In the next few months I’ll let you know how it functions.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 09:16:57 AM »
Pretty nice pistol were I in the market for another handgun (not).  I look forward to someone here reporting on one soon.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 02:27:39 PM »
Can't wait for the range report Chris.  That rig sounds pretty interesting.

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 07:07:28 PM »
Thank you, Mike.  I’m excited about it.
    I’d mentioned earlier that I wanted to get a 300 blackout in a longer barrel than the Sig Rattler.  I foolishly bought a Desert Tech chasis in hopes that a Micron sized 300 blackout would be introduced or that I could figure out how to make one.  That hasn’t worked out.  Iit’s not just as easy as swapping a barrel, as with an AR 15.  I guess they use a different bolt face.
In any event, I’m going to sell it because I bought a Faxon 8.6 blackout, with the 8 1/2 inch barrel.  I got a Dead Air Primal suppressor, but what I don’t have is ammo. :). I’m not sure it won’t be a year for that to come to market.
All these things are for small, quiet packages for the mountains.  I think I’m getting pretty close!
Ttyl

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 07:16:15 PM »

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2022, 02:46:33 PM »
Btw,
That Keltec 3AT that I bought online that came in with scratches, I sent to Keltec to have refinished.
They explained they’d have to furnish a new grip frame.  I agreed to the price.
I just got a note from them today that the gun is on its way and there would be no cost, since it took a little longer than they thought.

Now that is customer service!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2022, 05:14:37 PM »
I have ordered parts from them and there was never any charge once I gave them the serial number.