Author Topic: Interesting Pistol You All Might Like  (Read 6272 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Interesting Pistol You All Might Like
« on: October 26, 2011, 12:10:48 AM »
I came across an old Interarms PPK with serial number 00007 at the Wanenmacher's gun show (http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com) last year.   Just a private seller, not a big retailer and just had a bunch of PPK's and assorted small pistols.  I don't think he noticed the rarity of the serial #.  Bond's gun and Bond's number, it was too good to pass up.

I need some help trying to date this pistol.  It is an Interarms, made in Hungary.  I am guessing mid to late 70's, but I can only go off of lists compiled on the internet of people listing their serial numbers and years.  I have yet to find one anywhere close to this early serial number and if anyone has any references that I might be able to use to date this gun, it would be very much appreicated.  

On a side note, if anyone here ever gets the opportunity to go to the Wanenmacher's gun show, I would highly recommend it.  It's the largest gun show in the world, held twice a year in Tulsa, OK.

There isn't a firearm made that isn't at that show!!

Pictures attached for your enjoyment!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:32:02 AM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Interesting Pistol You All Might Like
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »
Great find. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:16:15 AM »
Thor:

Subject to correction, I think what you have there is a Walther PP clone, a 380 FEG Mark II Model AP. The pistol was made by FEG in Hungary and imported by Interarms of Arlington, Virginia. Interarms did business importing various foreign-made firearms from the 1960s until the owner of the company died in 1999. I believe those particular pistols sell for around $300+ in today's market, depending on condition, but that serial number alone could add to the price.  
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:20:22 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:55:50 AM »
I knew it was a knockoff of a real PPK (which I have a Walther PPKS), it was just the serial # that did it for me.  Only gave $200 for it.  I grew up with Bond so it really doesn't matter to me what the value of the gun is, it is just a cool little piece to have.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:47:40 AM »
That was like finding a gold nugget in a stream. Congratulations!

The following is a description of FEG and its products from a 2000 review by Cruffler.com:

[size=10]The Hungarian firm of Fegyver es Gepgyar (FEG) is one of the oldest and most well established arms houses in Europe, having furnished arms to Hungary from the Hapsburgs to the communists, and beyond.  Today FEG is best known for the inexpensive, but extremely well made, clones of pistols such as the Browning High Power and the Walther PP and PPK that are sold in the United States.  FEG also manufactures a line of full size, double action locked breech pistols in 9x19mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.  These guns are generally styled after the Browning High Power, but their double action lockwork is reminiscent of Smith & Wesson double action self loaders, right down to the slide mounted safety/decocker. [/size]

That FEG of yours is a real find, replete with both factual and fictional reminders of the Cold War. If you ever want to sell it, let me know.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:24:09 AM »
thor.  That serial no. just makes the piece; excellent.  Thanks for showing.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »
That was like finding a gold nugget in a stream. Congratulations!

The following is a description of FEG and its products from a 2000 review by Cruffler.com:

[size=10]The Hungarian firm of Fegyver es Gepgyar (FEG) is one of the oldest and most well established arms houses in Europe, having furnished arms to Hungary from the Hapsburgs to the communists, and beyond.  Today FEG is best known for the inexpensive, but extremely well made, clones of pistols such as the Browning High Power and the Walther PP and PPK that are sold in the United States.  FEG also manufactures a line of full size, double action locked breech pistols in 9x19mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.  These guns are generally styled after the Browning High Power, but their double action lockwork is reminiscent of Smith & Wesson double action self loaders, right down to the slide mounted safety/decocker. [/size]

That FEG of yours is a real find, replete with both factual and fictional reminders of the Cold War. If you ever want to sell it, let me know.  8)

Thank you very much for the info.  Although it is a clone gun, I was impressed with it's craftsmanship.  Cheap gun, but not cheaply made to my surprise.  I would have bought it even it was a cheap copy because of it's serial #.  I don't have any plans to sell it at the moment, just because it is one of the more unique firearms in my collection.  However if the time ever does come when I'm ready to let it go, I'll surely let you know.
- George Washington

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 11:37:45 PM »
Quite a find!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
Hey Thor, I'll be heading over to Tulsa for the show.  Have not attended in years.  I was in Tulsa last weekend celebrating my 48th by doing one of my other hobbies at the Mohawk park.

I hope to meet up with another Rohrbaugh owner and buddy when I'm there.  Let me know which day you are attending.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 12:46:40 AM »
Looking good!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 06:07:22 AM »
I hope to meet up with another Rohrbaugh owner and buddy when I'm there.  Let me know which day you are attending.

Ljutic, I'm sorry I missed this part of your post.  Would have been fantastic to meet someone off of this forum up there.  Hope you had a good time.  I sure did!!  Picked up a Colt WWII 50th Anniversary 1911.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5770.0

- George Washington

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »
I hope to meet up with another Rohrbaugh owner and buddy when I'm there.  Let me know which day you are attending.

Ljutic, I'm sorry I missed this part of your post.  Would have been fantastic to meet someone off of this forum up there.  Hope you had a good time.  I sure did!!  Picked up a Colt WWII 50th Anniversary 1911.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5770.0

We had such a great time at the show and dinner, drinks, cigars after the show that the 4 of us are planning to make it an annual event.  We'll see you next year.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »

We had such a great time at the show and dinner, drinks, cigars after the show that the 4 of us are planning to make it an annual event.  We'll see you next year.

I'll be there!
- George Washington