Author Topic: SOLD! Snoopy Fund, Milt Sparks Holster  (Read 4186 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
SOLD! Snoopy Fund, Milt Sparks Holster
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »
I have a Milt Sparks pocket holster, right hand, for a R9.  I believe it is Shark Skin and as soon as the battery for my camera gets charged I will post pictures. 

This is a used holster that I received with a gun I purchased but is in excellent condition.

$135.00 shipped or best offer.  Remember that this is for charity guys so don't get cheap.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:44:57 AM by MRC »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Snoopy Fund, Milt Sparks Holster
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 07:38:56 PM »
One more.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:28:12 AM »

I know that my start price was high as I was trying to help Brian out with the Vet bill.

No reasonable offer will be refused.  It is a very nice holster.

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
Hey MRC.

Thanks to you and Cigaritaville for what your doing to help Snoopy.  I saw Snoopy right after surgery this morning and was able to pat on him for a few minutes.  He was still out cold.  With luck I'll be able to bring him home tomorrow.  Barring any complications it looks like the bill will end up somewhere in the $4500 to $5000 range, so anything anyone can contribute helps.  I hope that someone will see this as an opportunity to get a fine holster and help out a great little dog at the same time. 

Thanks Again,
Brian
Brian@DesignerGrips.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 05:43:17 PM »
Brian, I can sympathize with you on how you feel about your dog.

My Wife had terminal cancer and died ten years ago.  I stayed home and took care of her for the last couple of months.  She had two little dogs, Buddy and Buttons.  They stayed with her 24 hours per day when she was sick and gave her much comfort.  The only time they left her side was to eat, drink, and go with me for a walk about 4 times a day so I could get out of the house.  I promised my Wife that I would see that Buddy and Buttons would be well taken care of.

After my Wife went to the hospital to never come back home, I will never forget how Buddy would look up to me with that WTF is going on look in his eyes.  He had spent the last 5 years totally in my Wife’s presence and could not figure it out.

Buddy had a tumor on his intestine about 4 years ago when he was 11 years old.  The odds of him coming out of very difficult surgery and have 2 or 3 good years was about 20 to 25% so I had to put him down.

Buttons is now about 12 now and has had a heart murmur for about 2 years.  A complication of the murmur is congestive heart disease.  They have some pretty good medicines to treat it so I am spending $100 a month for his meds and my friends think I am nuts.   I am glad to do it; he seems to feel real good and is happy most of the time. Besides, he’s my best friend.

I wish the best for you and Snoopy.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:50:50 PM by MRC »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »
Guys: As of 7:14 EST, 55 people have viewed this fine holster...and no offers?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 10:02:48 PM »
Seems like a cool way to help a chap and his pooch out. Nice job fellas.

I'll go ahead and take it if it's still available.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 10:32:54 PM »
Josh: 80 members before you read the ad and ignored the call to help a friend. You got a great deal as there is one just like yours on eBay for $225.00. A good buy, and thanks to you and MRC...every little bit helps Brian.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
Re: SOLD! Snoopy Fund, Milt Sparks Holster
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 07:01:57 PM »
I can't begin to tell you guys how much I appreciate what you're doing.  Snoopy's surgery went fine and he's home with his Cone collar on.  He'll be in it for about two weeks and it's driving him, and consequently us, nuts.  But we're taking very good care of him.  He was sitting looking at me as I ate dinner tonight and his eyes looked nice and bright, as they should, while he begged for table scraps.  Like me, he was in pretty good shape until this little adventure, now with some luck we'll have many years left together. 
Thanks again to all who have participated in the Help Snoopy effort.       
Brian
Snoopy's Dad

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 07:56:44 PM »
Yey Snoopy!!!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »

Very good news, thanks for the update.