Author Topic: Other holsters that fit R9  (Read 13267 times)

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
Re: Other holsters that fit R9
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 09:23:38 AM »
Buz,
It will fit in my #10 Uncle Mike's, but it rides high on your belt.  I feel the #1 is best.  It covers the gun well and has a strap.  

***I often take my pistols and photocopy them either on a copier or my flatbed scanner and then print their picture at the exact size they are.  I then cut this picture out and make two marks on the back to show how wide (thick) the gun is.  I fold it up and put it in my wallet.  Then when I am out shopping and find a holster that might fit I compare it against my same sized printed picture gun.

Offline Buz

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 12:27:45 PM »
Thank you.  I will check out a size #1.

Ed mentioned that he had to trim a little off the top of his size #1.

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 07:21:03 PM »
I did not trim mine, but that may be something you may want to do.

Offline Buz

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2005, 10:04:54 PM »
I am all thumbs when it comes to a needle & thread.

Do you feel the retension strap is necessary?   I know they make one without also.

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2005, 03:06:59 AM »
In my opinion Buz, the size #1 Uncle Mike's inside the waist holster that comes with a retention strap is fine just as it comes.  It covers the gun well yet can be drawn easily.  You can either fold the Velcro strap back on its self (which is what I did) or trim it with scissors.  The holster is about $12 ( perfect for a $1k gun  :D )
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 03:09:11 AM by bigyimmy »

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
I DOUG the 60's...
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2005, 03:50:52 PM »
Tracker, ...  And while I am certainly as much of a rebel as I can be, I begin to twitch and drool when I get called a "psychopathic deviant."  I start to see spiders everywhere and the voices in my head start demanding I eat French Toast.  

So, Doug, (and welcome to the list, btw!), which Woodstock are you from? The one in Georgia, the one in New York, or the festival that I attended 1969?

Timothy O'Leery

"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline WoodstockDoug

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2005, 09:02:03 PM »
Woodstock NY... old beer, stale hippies.  Where there has never been a music festival, but everyone has come looking for one...

Woodstock...

... still no traffic lights.

... still no MacDonalds...

... the town with the highest percentage anywhere of liberals who vote conservative, and converatives who vote liberal, and neither group can explain their position without abandoning logic or raising taxes...

...where the most frequently seen parking sign reads "witches parking only, all others will be toad"...

but if you lived here, you'd be OM now.

Offline LCP

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2005, 09:07:01 PM »
The High Noon pocket holster that I had originally bought for my PM9 fits the R9 pretty well. Actually, because the R9 is slightly smaller it makes drawing from the High Noon holster very easy.