Author Topic: New Crimson Trace Grips for NAA Guardian  (Read 4067 times)

Offline wskteo

New Crimson Trace Grips for NAA Guardian
« on: May 22, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »
Check out the new Crimson Trace grips for the NAA Guardian 380:

http://www.valorcorp.com/products/product.asp?root_id=14&cat_id=14&item=5060043

I would REALLY love to have those on my Rohrbaughs.  I have petitioned them before but I guess not enough of us are doing that.  If more of you would do that they just might oblige!

Offline alfonso2501

Re: New Crimson Trace Grips for NAA Guardian
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 12:01:35 AM »
nice! :)

EDIT: Here's the link for "Future Model Request Form": http://www.crimsontrace.com/default.asp?id=501&a=future
If we all fill one out, think of it as doing your own small part even if you think it’s useless.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:14:07 AM by alfonso2501 »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 01:46:51 PM »
I wonder if they will come out with them for their 32?

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 08:59:59 PM »
IMHO if you have drawn your R9 in time to use your Lazer grips you have drawn too soon and could end up with an indefensible shoot! :-X
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline pbwe

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 07:23:46 PM »
What is an "indefensible shoot"?

Thanks.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »
pbwe,

Since you are a new member I am going to assume that your question is sincere.

An indefensable shoot is any shooting where you are arrested and prosecuted and if things go really bad, you are sent to prison.

Mike

NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline pbwe

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:18:42 PM »
A Google search on the texts string "indefensible shoot" cites this thread and 4 unrelated items.

Can additional resources for learning the criteria of an indefensible shoot be suggested?

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 06:09:24 PM »
pbwe,

The big answer to your question is no, not really.  The first thing to do is take the conceiled carry course for your state.  If your state does not have it yet then the other alternative is to do some research on YOUR STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.  Self defense/deadly force laws VARY A LOT from state to state AND WITHIN MUNICIPALITIES.  I will attempt to give you the best answer to your question.  Keep in mind that I AM NOT A LAWYER and this IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.   The only time that one can use deadly force except when you are INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME OR BUSINESS is when you are convinced that YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE IS IN EMINENT DANGER OF DEATH OR SEVERE BODILY HARM.

The keys here are that when the police arrive it has to look to them like it was self defense so when the report goes to the prosecutor he will not have much to base a prosecution on and if it goes that far OR it goes to a civil trial you have to be on the correct side of right and wrong in the eyes of any potential jury.  

Something else to keep in mind is this:  If you are carrying(or possess) a gun illegally in the first place it will not go well for you if you are involved in any type of shooting.  Even if the BG is breaking the law you too are breaking the law and you both will probably see jail time.  Carry or possess legally only.  AND HERE AGAIN STATE AND LOCAL LAWS VARY WIDLY.  CHECK YOUR STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.

Sorry for the Caps but these points are extremely important.

Clear as mud, ehh.

I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY AND THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE

Mike
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 06:24:01 PM by riffraff »
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 09:50:09 PM »
Crimson Trace will probably make laser grips for the R9 when hell freezes over. We still haven't got them to make any for Kahrs and looks how many Kahrs are out there.

Rohrbaugh has a neat pocket slipper laser device on their website if anybody wants to check it out. I've never read a report on it so I'm curious myself about it.

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:44:38 PM »
Well maybe they won't make one but I put in my 2 cents. Hey you never know.  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 12:01:04 AM »
 The R9 right hand grip has a complex shape inside, required to clear the mechanism.  All the Crimson Trace grip sets I've seen carry the mechanism in the right side grip - I guess to accomodate right-handed shooters.  The NAA .380 r.h. side frame is flat with no mechanism.  The R9 r.h. grip would have to get pretty chunky, as would the l.h. grip to keep things balanced.
 Still, an R9 with C.T. set-up would be nice.  I did write to C.T. in 2005 when I got my R9S.
 I have a set of C.T. grips on my S&W 686.  Perfect function, perfect reliability.

RE: Liability after a shooting, I agree with riffraff.  Get that CCW training under your belt and you'll be a lot more likely to make a proper decision before drawing your R9.  In fact, maybe you'll think TOO MUCH before drawing.  (The built-in disadvantage of being a law abiding citizen put into conflict with a no-conscience criminal.)
I'll go a bit further and repeat what my CCW trainer here in Michigan said, "If you are involved in a shooting, no matter how justified, plan on having to defend yourself in civil court even if the prosecutor declines to file any criminal charges against you."   He went on to recommend that we should carry the phone number of a good defense attorney with our CCW permits!  Articles I've read in the gun magazines by people like Massad Ayoob and Clint Smith seem to confirm that advice.

Steve