Author Topic: Picked up a 9mm LCR  (Read 2478 times)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Picked up a 9mm LCR
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »
The LCR has more recoil than my Rohrbaugh R9 which is to be expected, and it has more recoil than my Charter Arms PITBULL, which I guess is also to be expected, but I was surprised by how much more recoil the LCR had versus the 9mm PITBULL.

Driving home from the range I discovered I have a blister on the underside of my trigger finger :(

Ididn't have any bullets come undone. I shot 5 rounds of bonded 147gr Remington Golden Saber, 15 rounds of 124gr Gold Dot and 10 rounds of 147gr Lawman TMJ.

The moon clips are super easy to use, no tool required, the cartridges are easy to clip into the moon clip and they're easy to take out of the moon clip. I didn't have any problems with extraction, no sticky cylinders or anything like that. The revolver will fire cartridges without the moon clip, and poking out the spent cases wasn't hard at all.

I'm a sucker for 9mm revolvers but this one isn't fun at all to shoot at the range. If I reloaded I could shoot lighter loads though it but I don't reload. Maybe if I shot that 100gr Hornady Lite, but that's expensive ammo to just practice with.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Picked up a 9mm LCR
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 08:27:58 PM »
CountZero, I just sold a shotgun and a S&W 642 CT at the JAX gun show in order to buy a Ruger LCR 327 Federal.  Recoil is manageable and the impact is very similar to a 357.  For my wife, who could no longer handle the .38 special round due to arthritis, the revolver will also handle the lesser 32 caliber rounds with much less recoil...worth a consideration.  I hope to have one soon.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Re: Picked up a 9mm LCR
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
My Niece has one and LOVES it. Hers fires everything but S&B ammo.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one