Author Topic: Tools for Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9  (Read 47553 times)

Joe_from_NY

Re: Tools for Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2021, 11:01:30 PM »
The rest:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:28:42 PM by Joe from NY »

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2021, 11:10:28 PM »
That is the one from our deceased friend Steve Bedair of Kilgore in deep East Texas. It works like a charm.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:19:07 AM by tracker »

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2021, 11:29:16 PM »
That is the one from our deceased friend Steve Bedair of Kilgore in deep east Texas. It works like a charm.

Yes indeed. A real inventor.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2021, 10:15:11 AM »
Thanks for posting this, nice to keep some of these things fresh in all our minds.

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2021, 04:28:15 PM »
yes sir. Time is flying. I bought my two R9's over ten years ago now. One Stealth model to carry, one regular model for a spare in case i ever had issues with the carry one. The spare is new in the case, never fired. Out of all my handguns, I think the R9 is the only one I would call a work of art. I guess along with the Seecamp.

I have since replaced it as my EDC with a PM9, since I am too lazy to clean the way I should after a few days at the range. I think the PM9 is more tolerant of being fouled up.

Its great that this site stays around for us owners of the original R9 to get info. I remember for awhile years back, i used to log on every day to see the latest things guys were doing with/to their R9's. Since I dont give mine too much attention in the past couple of years, I havent been around here. I got an email notification that a guy on the Seecamp forum asked a question about a Rohrbaugh, and he was referred here. I figured I would add my old screenshots of Steves site demonstrating that great plumbing piece he discovered.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
Joe, like you I see a lot of folks on this forum that like the Seecamp.  I may have to investigate them further.  However, that .32 acp could be an issue.  Was looking at a surplus CZ last week in that caliber, decided I have enough different ones now as it is.  Heck, I got guns chambered in 4 different rimfire cartridges, from .22 short to 9mm rimfire, LOL.

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2021, 11:51:48 PM »
yeah. i got the Seecamp .380.  Shooting it is like holding an M-80 firecracker in your hand. not fun to shoot, but it goes with you anywhere you go. even in a sock. maybe in a cigarette box, i never checked. Its like holding 14 ounces of dynamite in your hand, if the need should arise.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2021, 09:25:23 AM »
Makes follow-up shots difficult with a broken thumb!  ;D ;)
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2021, 08:05:59 PM »
Carry a box of Band Aids with you at all times.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2023, 03:17:42 PM »
yeah. i got the Seecamp .380.  Shooting it is like holding an M-80 firecracker in your hand. not fun to shoot, but it goes with you anywhere you go. even in a sock. maybe in a cigarette box, i never checked. Its like holding 14 ounces of dynamite in your hand, if the need should arise.

Joe, long time!

I actually have my LWS 380 front pocket at this moment. I had it all done over by Teddy and it is awesome.

Recoil, everyone I know uses the magazine extension on both 380 & 32, it helps tremendously.
I also use skateboard tape as it does not allow the tiny pistol to move as I’m shooting.

I know this is an old thread, I like bringing back some to life. I miss the guys, the brothers the pistol.
Oh, I still have my R9,  these are a true example of craftsmanship.