Author Topic: New Member saying hello.  (Read 3932 times)

Offline Tactical_Texan_CHL

New Member saying hello.
« on: January 29, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
I just joined up.  I've recently seen the Rohrbaugh at my local gun store and started doing a little research on them.  I just found the site here today.  I haven't had much time to look, but I'll get to it.  I currently have quite an assortment of guns.  I'm in Texas, and have a Texas CHL.  My daily carry depends on my attire for the day, but is usually a Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster in my front pocket.  On days I don't have to wear dressy clothes and can go untucked, I carry a Glock 30 IWB with a Clip Draw and Saf-T-Blok.  I'm considering ditching the KT P3AT in favor of the Rohrbaugh.  I thought this would be a good place to gain some insight.  Talk to you all soon.

TacTex

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: New Member saying hello.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »
TacTex:

Welcome to the Forum! I think you will find it to be a knowledgeable and congenial group of individuals who congregate here.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 08:49:56 AM »
The Rohrbaugh is a great choice. Welcome aboard.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
TacTex, welcome to the forum. You will find the R9s a very quality pistol that can be carried in the front pocket and is 9mm, light and handy.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »
TacTex, Welcome to the forum. The R-9 fits nice in that front pocket. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 01:46:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum..

We welcome your input!!

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Tactical_Texan_CHL

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 11:22:36 AM »
Brenden, I just hope I have some input!  I will buy an R9, just not sure when.  I'd like to in the next few weeks, today actually, but justifying another $1,000 gun is tough for the wife.  I just bought a Kimber Raptor to play with, a couple of months ago, then I found the Rohrbaugh!  Had I seen it before, I would have bought it instead of the Raptor.  I just got that for fun, and because it was time to spend the money in the "Gun Jar".  But I'd love to hear all your experiences, good and bad, with the R9.  Like I said before, my daily carry is a KT P3AT.  I'm itching to replace it with some 9mm firepower!

I'm also a member of a concealed handgun forum, same name there.  If any of you guys are in Texas, go visit www.texaschlforum.com it's a great forum with alot of knowledge running around in there.  Even if you're not, we always enjoy input from those in other states as well to learn about their CCW laws, and the in's and out's of carrying elsewhere.

I was curious as to how many of you are in states that allow concealed carry, and how many of you carry daily?  I would assume quite a few,  since this does appear to be the "perfect" CCW!  ;)  I'm excited to get some input and get to know you guys.

TacTex
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 11:27:31 AM by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 11:31:34 AM »
TacTex, I'm in Dallas and a dealer if I can help let me know. Of course I carry daily and it's a R9s.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »
TacTex:

I'm in Tennessee, a "shall-issue" State, and I carry my R9 every day whether or not I'm carrying any other weapon.

As for justifying to your wife the purchase of a Rohrbaugh on the heels of your acquisition of that Kimber, just tell her that you need an "always gun" in 9mm to protect her around the clock, and emphasize that when it comes to matters of her safety expense is absolutely not an object.  (That argument worked for me four years ago when I purchased my R9 right after I had spent a bundle on customizing a Colt.  8) )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:57 PM »
TacTex,

Michigan is a shall issue state.  I carry always.  Usually R9 or Seecamp, but winter means I sometimes carry bigger and bulkier.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »
TacTex,

Michigan is a shall issue state.  I carry always.  Usually R9 or Seecamp, but winter means I sometimes carry bigger and bulkier.

TacTex,
        I could not have said it any better than my fellow Michigan pup owner!! 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe